Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another 'Barnwood Bloom' & Birdhouse

Posted by jeannespines 4 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 26, 11 at 21:30

Finished this 'Barnwood Bloom' today & had lots of fun with it...I really like how it turned out...

Used old barnwood board & added 1 coat of Poly,
a gas stove grate & stained glass candleholder (both TS finds), (pound in staples & a screw)
a piece of rod from a broken patio umbrella,
the 2 leaves are cut from 2 shelf brackets (DH had to cut them off for me)...
& GE Silicone II w/a marble for the flower center,
& added a couple eye screws & wire to the back so it can be hung or free-standing.

waaa-laaa... a beautiful 'Barnwood Bloom!'

BBStained Glass Flower Holder Closer 8.11

I like how the grate frames it... like you're looking thru a window!

Also wanted to use this 'hummingbird' GS find ...from a windchime, I think maybe...so DH cut out this birdhse (heavy duty old barnwood) & we assembled...I painted it gray & added some 'Hammered' spray to the roof...it will look nice hanging somewhere for somebody! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

HummingbirdHouse8.11

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another 'Barnwood Bloom' & Birdhouse

Lovely all (as always). But...
I really COVET that hummingbird.
(just confessin' here)

*sigh*

bless ya
`digger

o

Jeanne that flower is beautiful. What a wonderful piece you and DH created.
And yes, that hummingbird is from a windchime.

hugs, Karen

o

Jeanne...That flower is absolutely beautiful! The hummingbird bird house is so pretty. You are so creative. Thank you for sharing.

Marylee

o

I ALWAYS like your blooms and birdhouses!!!

o

Your barnwood blooms are always beautiful! LOVE them all! And your birdhouse with the hummingbird is just too cute. I don't know how you ever sell any of them....I'd want to keep them all.

o

I'm in love with that "bloom" ........ !!!! Everything just fits together perfectly . The birdhouse just screams "FOR WREN-T" !

o

Absolutely Wonderful (as usual) I don't know why I am surprised to see you do another beautiful bloom. If you want to know a secret, I always run to your posts first.Keep up your creativity

o

Thanks, GJers, for you kind comments.
DH & I enjoy old barnwood & I do have lots of birdhouses here on our acreage..this one sold Sat morn at FM & it went to a good home!

I had 3 diff interested 'lookers' on the Barnwood Bloom...may be in my gardens yet! LOL! I'm thinking about trying a birdhouse w/one of those gas stove grates...I got 3 of 'em this past yr at a TS (one is cracked thru). Thanks, again! Jeanne S.

o

The grate was a very creative choice. I love how it looks.
Kathy

o

Love the simple lines of the birdhouse, so sturdy & with the little hummmer so sweet! The gas grate is great in bringing out the beauty of the flower & neat leaves. Everything always looks better on barnwood, I love it! Jan

o

Just love that barnwood bloom! I happen to have that hummer windchime and the cord happens to be broken......and so now I don't have to resting it. You used it in such a clever way!!

o

Beautiful!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here