Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DD s first totems

Posted by ohtobedone MO (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 21, 11 at 21:35

My daughter and her 2 daughters came for a visit from Iowa last week. Got her addicted to looking for glass and making totems. She did a good job! Wanted to share the pictures. Thanks
Shelly creations

Photobucket
Shelly totem

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DD s first totems

Some pretty pieces here! She did do a good job! Bet you had a great time tog! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

I agree with Jeanne. Your DD did a wonderful job. The plate flowers and totems are beautiful. I especially like the totem with the dish inside the base and the little blue bird. Thank you for sharing.

Marylee

o

WOW! They did a great job on the plate flowers and totems! Love all of the color choices! Sounds like you girls had a great time.

o

They are all very pretty. I especially like the plate flowers. Did you use a drill press with glass bits to drill the holes? I recently bought some glass bits and haven't used them yet. This weekend at a GS I scored a drill press for $15.00 and it seems to work just fine. I also have a bunch of silver ware that I got for .05 each. Want to try the drill press on them to make windchimes. I Better get busy fast.....I have a family reunion coming up in Oct and want to make some auction items for it. Plate flowers, wind chimes, totems and a squirrell feeder made of scrap fence boards is on my list of things to make!

o

Fabulous! I love the white milk glass with the red.
Kathy

o

Great job. Really love the blue and white one.

o

yikes- did they have to take them home? on a plane, train or automobile? :) or did they leave them for YOU!

what FUN!

o

They're all beautiful. It would be hard to pick a favorite. How did they attach the leaves to the stem?

o

Unfortunatly she took it all home with her. She closes on her house Thursday. Packed it all in her van. I used glass drill bits on the plates. One at a time. I don't have a drill press. Make sure to use water with the drilling. Let the bit work so don't press to hard. Glass takes alot longer than the ceramic plates. Hope that helps.

o

Great Job ! I swear we're like a bunch of drug dealers getting other people hooked on junk ! I guess we're just a bunch of *** Junkies *** !!!

** I crack myself up !!! LOL

o

Those turned out so cute!!!

o

Very neat! And what great glass pieces you found to work with too.

hugs, Karen

o

How were the leaves attached? That's amazing.

o

I used a 1/4 in drill bit. Bought some copper tubing and a small propane torch to solder it together. You have to use plumbing flex and soder.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here