Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ncshabbybeach

Shrimp Festival Totems, Plate Flowers Etc......

ncshabbybeach
14 years ago

I wanted to share with you all what I did with all of those wonderful items you have pushed me into making!!! Let's see....Totems, Plate Flowers, Bottle Bugs, Bowling Ball Bobbers and Lady Bugs, Butterfly Baths...need I say more. All of you have inspired this madness!!!! LOL I have enjoyed every minute and really enjoyed putting the results up for sale to see what would happen! I have been overwhelmed with the response!!! I had a great Day! I am so blessed to have come to this forum and I think I will stick around for a while. I have been gone for a few days but I will catch up with you all and comment on some of your postings!!! I hope you all have a great week!!!!

{{gwi:185204}}{{gwi:185205}}

{{gwi:185207}}{{gwi:185208}}

{{gwi:185209}}{{gwi:185210}}

Here is a link that might be useful: My Blog....

Comments (18)

• sorie6 zone 6b
    14 years ago

Great display!! Did you sell any of them? Good job on all of them.

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

I know what you mean about this forum being a blessing, Shabby! That Totem Bug bit you really hard!

I can see how people would be attracted to your display. Where did you get all that energy? You must be MUCH younger than me LOL.

Love all your creations. Keep on having fun with it and keep us updated! ~tenderlee

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Nice displays! Hope you did well!! Sounds like it since you"plan to stick around" Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Good thing I don't live close or I'd have bought you out! lol! Everything looks so gorgeous and unique. I can see why you had an overwhelming response (even the bugs gave it their stamp of approval)! I just love those bowling ball bobbers, they are the coolest thing since sliced bread! And those plate flowers! Yowza! They were all awesome! But I'd like to know the secret behind the totems balancing on the narrow bud vases. How did you do it?

• ttennis
    14 years ago

Great job..You've been busy..Do you sell two plate flowers on one pipe, or was that just your display? I hope you did well for all your hard work..

Tiffani :)

• katishooked
    14 years ago

You have very pretty totems, flowers, oh everything. How well did they sell. I am hoping economy turns some so people will be interested in buying luxury items like we make.

Kat

• nonacook
    14 years ago

Love the way you displayed all your things.
    I was sorry that I could not see more of the bottlebugs.
    How many things did you sell-you said you were
    'overwhelmed by the response'-That sounds GOOD.
    What kind of prices did you have?
    You are so good about taking and posting photos!
    Wish I was!
    Thank you!

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

WOWEE!! You HAVE been busy!! They look just great! Glad you had such a great day...hope you made a mint selling your creations!

• mjowest
    14 years ago

luna- she probably used a re bar to hold those vases in place.

They are COOL!!!!

• beck_wi
    14 years ago

I don't think the question is what are they on... the question is how did she keep them straight? I think we've all had issues with the bottle slipping to the side, therefore, tipping your totem.

Lately, I've been thinking about squirting some of that expanding insulation in the bottom of the ones that aren't clear glass and then sticking the re-bar into the insulation. 1. for cusion and 2. to keep the darn things level.

• excessfroufrou
    14 years ago

I just thought I had been busy, but your the one and you have such pretty colors on your plates and totems and the bobbers are precious, I have a friend with a lake house and I starting her one soon as I find a bb, I don't think people in AR bowl because I'm have a hard time finding them.
    Syble

• the-light-lady
    14 years ago

ncshabbybeach,
    How do you attach the plate flowers to the stick that goes in the ground? What do you use for the stick? I have TONS of beautiful glass pieces in my craft room to make totems out of & have fun collecting it all. The totem bug bit me REALLY bad!!! I like making the garden ladies. I have never seen the fishing bobbers before, cute!! I have made flowers out of the metal jello molds & such for years but didn't know about the plate flowers until a few months ago when I found this site. I'd like more pictures & info on the lady bugs, they are adorable!! Glass block lights are my main sellers at craft shows. I don't like doing summer shows because of mother nature & her weather surprizes!!!

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

WOW! I think I'm in "glass heaven!" You are one ENERGETIC woman...must be an "energetic HEALTHY woman"...maybe an "energetic healthy YOUNGER woman! And you still chase that little GD around! TFS your pics and your sale day! AWESOME work! Jeanne S.

• ncshabbybeach
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Soo many questions!!! Sorry I took so long getting back!!! Lets see.. I use pvc and cpvc for support on vases, I put a cap on the cpvc and geII'd it to the inside bottom of the vase then cut a taper on the other end so it would push into the ground easily. I did sell quite a bit. I priced them at what I thought I might pay for them .... Bobbers $20, Ladybugs $15, Bottle bugs $10, Mini Bottle Bugs $5, Large Totems $60, Smaller Totems $40, Plate Flowers were $20 for Larger and $15 for smaller. I also sold them without the pipe, I figured the customer could find a piece of 1/2 inch pipe. I have found that tourists like to have a variety of prices to choose from and I have had much success pricing this way. I try very hard to keep track of what I spend for each project and make sure that I have a profit of 30% or more. I made 3 dozen of the tiny bottle bugs and sold all but 2, with an investment of $20 they were my most profitable item!!! I will post a pic of them when I can. All but one of the larger Bottle bugs sold, I made 9 of them the night before but I forgot to take pics...:-( I won't forget next time, so you see I do forget some things. I sold some Totems, butterfly baths and Bird baths...still have some left for the next selling opportunity which will be the last hoorah of the summer "Labor Day Weekend"!!! As for my energy..slowly running out but I pick my DGD up this afternoon and get a recharge!!!! We are going to the beach and building a sand castle! I can Hardly wait! so TTFN.....Miss ya all...I will lurk some until I have time to sit down and post something again. Thanks again to all for your great compliments!!!

Carrie

• luckygal
    14 years ago

Wow!! You've done very well in fun, creativity, productivity, display, and profit! Doesn't get much better in the craft world! Many congrats! TFS and don't be a stranger - we now know what you can do and look forward to seeing more from you! :-)

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Congratulations shabby and thanks for the report! I can't wait to see your other pics. I'd also love to see lil's metal jello mold flowers, if she's "listening", lol.
    kathy

• laurastheme
    14 years ago

Congratulations, Shabby. You did good. Making some without pipe was a good idea. When I sold at our annual flea market several people would have purchased one if they had been easier to pack in a suitcase.

• sorie6 zone 6b
    14 years ago

Shabby what are the bobbers made from. Sorry if I missed a post. thanks.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio