Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden vignette

Posted by sprout_wi z4 WI (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 5, 10 at 21:58

Here is a little garden vignette I am working on. The two frogs were freebies - from different sources. The ant on the table, the wrought iron table and chairs and the cat with the fiddle I got for half price. The ant is metal and the frogs and cat are resin. I painted all the animals with a faux-bronze spray paint to give them some continuity.

I like how the frogs seem to view the ant as 'lunch', while the cat plays dinner music.

I also have 10 metal stars which I plan to hang from the branches high over their heads, using fishing line. Very romantic setting, don't you think? (lol).
-Sprout

Here is a link that might be useful: Hungry frogs and musicl cat

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden vignette

Oh my gosh! That is both too cute and too funny! Love it!!!

o

How sweeeet is that?! Very whimsical! Makes one want to stop and enjoy! (What song is the cat playing?) I love Garden Art! ...and I love yours! Bear Hugs! Kirk

o

I love those frogs and the table & chairs.cool!!1

o

OMGosh, that is incredibly delightful. I LOVE IT.

hugs, Karen

o

The stars will really complete the pic!! I love the wrought iron furniture & the cat is so cute- I want 1!! He's playing "Hey diddle the cat & the fiddle, the cow jumped over the moon, the 2 froggies sat & enjoyed the ant & tried to figure out who was wooing whom! (Well, I tried!) Jan

o

LOL, sunnyca! Very poetic! Sprout...really cute garden vignette...& the stars idea is stunning...how about a slice of the moon, too! I think the cat is playing, FFrog Went A-Courtin'!" LOL! TFS!
Jeanne S.
p.s. How come you don't have any weeds!!!

o

I do love those fat frogs. And you're right, they do seem to be eyeing up that poor ant! lol! Love the little wrought iron chair set too. Too cute!

o

Adorable!!! I love the roundness of the frogs!

o

That is cute and looks fun to put together.

Can you put a mini speaker out there for the violin music?

o

Drat~the link doesn't work for me :(
Kath

o

It won't open for me either, I wanna see!
Frou

o

Sorry it won't open for some of you. I can't seem to post it within the text of the post. Is someone else able to do this? Thanks!!
-Sprout

o

I just love that! Those little resin statues are such fun. You've created an intriguing scene there! I like the way you painted them the same. That cat with the fiddle is really wonderful. I have a gnome playing the flute that serenades my others. Love your fat frogs. LOVE the little white table and chair set. Really cute!

o

Whoohoo! I can see it now. How much fun is that!!?? I love it!

Kath

o

Very funny!

o

Very fun.
Kathy

o

That just brings a huge smile to my face! Like Jeanne, the first thing I thought of was "Froggy went a courtin'"...VERY creative and fun!

o

So adorable. When you were describing it I kept wondering how the heck a cat would look good in that situation....but it's a PERFECT fit! Nice work!

o

sprout's pic is in Facebook...so you probably can't open unless you have an acct/??? Anyway, I copy & pasted...hope it works so you can see it. Jeanne S.

Sprout's Pic 8.10

o

Thanks Jeanne!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here