upcycled rocker

Comments (13)

• Enterotoxigenic00
    10 years ago

Love it!
    K

• garden2garden
    10 years ago

Love the contrast of the geranium and sweet potato vine against the weathered wood, and the different greens of the ivy and hosta. A pretty spot. Great rocker.

• becky_ia
    10 years ago

Very nice!

• oldcrafty
    10 years ago

I like!! The colors are very pretty together.

• sunnyca_gw
    10 years ago

Love the graying rocker & red tool box with the plants, looks so antique & the wagon adds a nice touch. TFS Jan

• sricha7539
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed ........ love looking at everyones unique style also.

Hopefully I will have time to post a few more pics!

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

What an awesome rocker!! Love the red planter and sweet potato vine in it!

• sorie6 zone 6b
    10 years ago

WOW that is sooo neat.

• diggery
    10 years ago

Gorgeous! Brings back memories. Years ago, Dad asked me to haul off his front porch rocker. A major ordeal, in & of itself, as he never threw anything away that had potential life left in it, but it had been repaired so many times it was beyond hope.

I *planted* it in the garden along with a morning glory. It was glorious! Dh travels a LOT so didn't notice right away. I came home from work one day to find both chair & vine gone. Gone, I tell ya! I ran inside yelling 'we've been vandalized!' & dh says, 'oh, that ole chair, it was broken & covered in vines so I tossed it in the trash pile.' Note this was the very day of trash pickup. My lovely bit of history was, well...history.

Trust me when I say, dh NEVER made that mistake again, lol. To be fair, he's since *seen the Light* and often volunteers to help with garden junk projects, often bringing home stuff with 'potential'. I had to forgive him.

My Dad's gone now, but your post brings back sweet memories of rocking on the front porch with my daddy of a hot summer's eve while sipping on a tall icy glass of lemonade. *sniff*

TFS. Dad's b-day is next week...your pic made.my.day.

~blessings,
    digger

• sricha7539
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Digger, you should be a writer I was hanging on everyword and felt it, I had to wipe a few tears away, thanks for sharing your story, I think a lot of us really like to have a few pieces that hold that special place in our hears, you look out and memories do come flooding in., they the giggles of the new stories and new memories . Best of luck with it

• diggery
    10 years ago

sricha, you are too kind. I agree there's nothing like looking out at one's garden and being flooded with the warmth of special memories from days gone by. I hope that I'm creating giggles and new memories with my g-kids... I'd consider it a blessing to pass down that gift from my daddy. I've printed your lovely pic as a reminder of what's important in this life.

Thank you for this gift.

• jlily
    10 years ago

I can't add anything to the comments above. But thanks for the memories. Thanks for sharing! JLily

• nonacook
    10 years ago

Nice rocker for the garden!
    This only problem I would have with it
    is -RAIN- It would have rotted this year
    in my garden, because we have had so much
    of the wet stuff. The painters set a couple
    of heavy wooden chairs out in the yard,
    and the next time I had a chance to look
    at them (even before they painted-because
    of the rain) and they had mold on them!!!!

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!