upcycled rocker

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: old rocker in garden

Love it!
K

o

Love the contrast of the geranium and sweet potato vine against the weathered wood, and the different greens of the ivy and hosta. A pretty spot. Great rocker.

o

Very nice!

o

I like!! The colors are very pretty together.

o

Love the graying rocker & red tool box with the plants, looks so antique & the wagon adds a nice touch. TFS Jan

o

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed ........ love looking at everyones unique style also.

Hopefully I will have time to post a few more pics!

o

What an awesome rocker!! Love the red planter and sweet potato vine in it!

o

WOW that is sooo neat.

o

Gorgeous! Brings back memories. Years ago, Dad asked me to haul off his front porch rocker. A major ordeal, in & of itself, as he never threw anything away that had potential life left in it, but it had been repaired so many times it was beyond hope.

I *planted* it in the garden along with a morning glory. It was glorious! Dh travels a LOT so didn't notice right away. I came home from work one day to find both chair & vine gone. Gone, I tell ya! I ran inside yelling 'we've been vandalized!' & dh says, 'oh, that ole chair, it was broken & covered in vines so I tossed it in the trash pile.' Note this was the very day of trash pickup. My lovely bit of history was, well...history.

Trust me when I say, dh NEVER made that mistake again, lol. To be fair, he's since *seen the Light* and often volunteers to help with garden junk projects, often bringing home stuff with 'potential'. I had to forgive him.

My Dad's gone now, but your post brings back sweet memories of rocking on the front porch with my daddy of a hot summer's eve while sipping on a tall icy glass of lemonade. *sniff*

TFS. Dad's b-day is next week...your pic made.my.day.

~blessings,
digger

o

Digger, you should be a writer I was hanging on everyword and felt it, I had to wipe a few tears away, thanks for sharing your story, I think a lot of us really like to have a few pieces that hold that special place in our hears, you look out and memories do come flooding in., they the giggles of the new stories and new memories . Best of luck with it

o

sricha, you are too kind. I agree there's nothing like looking out at one's garden and being flooded with the warmth of special memories from days gone by. I hope that I'm creating giggles and new memories with my g-kids... I'd consider it a blessing to pass down that gift from my daddy. I've printed your lovely pic as a reminder of what's important in this life.

Thank you for this gift.

o

I can't add anything to the comments above. But thanks for the memories. Thanks for sharing! JLily

o

Nice rocker for the garden!
This only problem I would have with it
is -RAIN- It would have rotted this year
in my garden, because we have had so much
of the wet stuff. The painters set a couple
of heavy wooden chairs out in the yard,
and the next time I had a chance to look
at them (even before they painted-because
of the rain) and they had mold on them!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here