Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A site for new people to see

Posted by toomuchglass 53172 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 26, 10 at 22:16

I see so many new junkers here with us -- I'd like to share a site that was posted awhile back. If you like plate flowers - you'll die looking at Shabby Joe's !

Here is a link that might be useful: Shabby Joe's Awesome site

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A site for new people to see

I'm not new but enjoyed all the nice stuff he has!! Jan

o

Very cool stuff!

o
On the back of the plates

People have asked and experimented with how to attach plate flowers to the stem -- here's what shabby Joe does - copied from his FAQ page.....

What's that on the back of the bottom plate?

That black round object is, yes! a hockey puck. Pucks are study rubber that lets Shabby Joe drill into it to allow the stem of the floral to be inserted.

o

OMG, Thank you for posting this. I recall reading about the hockey pucks, but had forgotten about it. My hubby has some in the barn I will have to finally get rid of. :)

This is amazing that Shabby Joe is in MI. I am originally from MI and I think I will have to go in Sept. for the fair and even possibly go to his shop. I have family there and go every month or so. Thanks for this, gives me a little something more to check into.

I have actually been looking for some type of small business to start and this is really exciting for me. THANKS!!

o

toomuchglass, you and I should jump the pond sometime and go over to Michigan to see this place! Looks like his booth or shop would be fun to see.

o

Thank you for posting this, I'm not new, but come & go in spurts & have not seen his site before. I've saved it now for future reference...not that any of my plate flowers will get made, but one can dream! ;-)

o

I've been making mine with hockey pucks for quite a while now. My GD works at an ice rink so I was able to get loads of them. They stay on great and painted green like the rebar stem they look like part of the flower. I will have to try and take some photos to show how they turn out.

Donna in Florida

o

ROAD TRIP -- Luna !!! ( Or should I say "Cruise" ? ) LOL

I'm glad that reposting this site helped ! I Keep alot of sites to look at Later .... Shabby Joe's just caught my eye !

o
Hanging the plate flowers?

Are there hockey pucks on the back of the plate flowers on the wall, too? It seems like that would hold them too far from the wall. I'd like to make an indoor display like Shabby Joe's. I think clear silicone could hold the plates together, but how do I hang them? Is buying metal plate holders the best way?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here