bottle tree

nanatricia
13 years ago

{{gwi:185536}}

{{gwi:185538}}

Comments (16)

• sprout_wi
    13 years ago

I love this bottle tree it looks so graceful. Very nicely done.
    -Sprout

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

That is a really neat bottle tree!!

{{gwi:77274}}

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Love the bottle tree & the things on lattice behind it! I have some butterflies I need to paint!! They look so cool that way! Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Wonderful bottle tree! There is a guy in Wisconsin who makes similar bottle trees out of rebar. I thought of buying myself one once the sale of our house is complete ... kind of like a house warming gift to myself. lol I like the different colored bottles on yours too.

• Deb Kozuszek
    13 years ago

Beautiful bottle tree! I like the different colors on there.

• irisb
    13 years ago

GREAT bottle tree!! Do you mind sharing your "how to"?!!!!

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Very cool. I'd like to know more about it too.
    Kathy

• nanatricia
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Than you .I do not weld .I have made another one any way .I have wanted to make one for a long time but because i do not weld I could not fig . out how to .I have been researching and found one on line .Thought I can do this so The first I took a pipe and started from there I put 5 piece of re bar and bent them with a forked tree.Ha!!!I stuck them inside the pipe 4 inc with .and then the fun began I wired another p of re bar on each one to look like a tree limb I made a few limbs and then I added some more limbs .I wired and wired .I used ed balling wire it will rust .I did a lot of wrapping .The first looks more like a bush .The second is more like a tree learned with my first one .The second there was already a pipe there and I just cut it off and used it .Remember some of you when we used to hang clothes to dry.Ha!!!!
    I live in Tex and I am trying to get a way from lawn and watering so I am grannet graveling most of my yard and using yard art. Hope this help

• sprout_wi
    13 years ago

nanatricia- You had a pipe with 4 pieces of rebar in it, and then you wired more pipes to that one and put rebar into those?

I love all of your photos and I added your water lily photo (the one with the three flowers) as the background on my computer. I love it!! Thanks
    -Sprout

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

This is great. I don't weld either.
    I need something where I just cut down my hollyhocks.
    Thanks for sharing 'tricia.
    Sprout, I think she wired more rebar to the original rebar, not pipes to the original rebar.
    Kathy

• bverste
    13 years ago

What size rebar? I got some for a tipsy pot, and it was so tough, I couldn't bend it or cut it. I had thought about doing something with a coat rack as the base, wrapping wire aournd it to kind of look like bark somehow, but I need to check into rebar sizes.

• sprout_wi
    13 years ago

Kathy- Thanks for the clarification!!

bverste- My husband bent rebar in a way I had never considered. He put it in a vise, slipped a pipe over the rebar and pulled on the pipe, bending the rebar inside.
    -Sprout

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Great bottle tree, nanatricia! And a very unique way of substituting wire for welding! Looks great! TFS! Jeanne S.

• caroleena
    13 years ago

some movie i watched a few years back had the bottles hanging from a tree. they were tied somehow from the bottom and hung so that the opening of the bottles hung downward- the premise being that evil spirits would get caught up into the bottles and be unable to escape. anyhow it looked really cool. i have got to get to work! lol

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Your very motivated to work with that rebar and wire. It turned out great. I like the modern feel it has to it. I like the different colors too.
    Frou

• soxxxx
    13 years ago

In the movie O BROTHER WHERE ART THOU there is a bottle tree in the scene where they are getting away from the barn in the old car. The gun shots hit the bottle tree and glass goes ping, ping, ping.

It was the third time that I watched the movie before I noticed that.

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists