bottle tree

Posted by nanatricia (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 6, 10 at 22:18

210 garden
210 garden

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bottle tree

I love this bottle tree it looks so graceful. Very nicely done.
-Sprout

o

That is a really neat bottle tree!!

o

Love the bottle tree & the things on lattice behind it! I have some butterflies I need to paint!! They look so cool that way! Jan

o

Wonderful bottle tree! There is a guy in Wisconsin who makes similar bottle trees out of rebar. I thought of buying myself one once the sale of our house is complete ... kind of like a house warming gift to myself. lol I like the different colored bottles on yours too.

o

Beautiful bottle tree! I like the different colors on there.

o

GREAT bottle tree!! Do you mind sharing your "how to"?!!!!

o

Very cool. I'd like to know more about it too.
Kathy

o
RE: bottle tree how to

Than you .I do not weld .I have made another one any way .I have wanted to make one for a long time but because i do not weld I could not fig . out how to .I have been researching and found one on line .Thought I can do this so The first I took a pipe and started from there I put 5 piece of re bar and bent them with a forked tree.Ha!!!I stuck them inside the pipe 4 inc with .and then the fun began I wired another p of re bar on each one to look like a tree limb I made a few limbs and then I added some more limbs .I wired and wired .I used ed balling wire it will rust .I did a lot of wrapping .The first looks more like a bush .The second is more like a tree learned with my first one .The second there was already a pipe there and I just cut it off and used it .Remember some of you when we used to hang clothes to dry.Ha!!!!
I live in Tex and I am trying to get a way from lawn and watering so I am grannet graveling most of my yard and using yard art. Hope this help

o

nanatricia- You had a pipe with 4 pieces of rebar in it, and then you wired more pipes to that one and put rebar into those?

I love all of your photos and I added your water lily photo (the one with the three flowers) as the background on my computer. I love it!! Thanks
-Sprout

o

This is great. I don't weld either.
I need something where I just cut down my hollyhocks.
Thanks for sharing 'tricia.
Sprout, I think she wired more rebar to the original rebar, not pipes to the original rebar.
Kathy

o

What size rebar? I got some for a tipsy pot, and it was so tough, I couldn't bend it or cut it. I had thought about doing something with a coat rack as the base, wrapping wire aournd it to kind of look like bark somehow, but I need to check into rebar sizes.

o

Kathy- Thanks for the clarification!!

bverste- My husband bent rebar in a way I had never considered. He put it in a vise, slipped a pipe over the rebar and pulled on the pipe, bending the rebar inside.
-Sprout

o

Great bottle tree, nanatricia! And a very unique way of substituting wire for welding! Looks great! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

some movie i watched a few years back had the bottles hanging from a tree. they were tied somehow from the bottom and hung so that the opening of the bottles hung downward- the premise being that evil spirits would get caught up into the bottles and be unable to escape. anyhow it looked really cool. i have got to get to work! lol

o

Your very motivated to work with that rebar and wire. It turned out great. I like the modern feel it has to it. I like the different colors too.
Frou

o

In the movie O BROTHER WHERE ART THOU there is a bottle tree in the scene where they are getting away from the barn in the old car. The gun shots hit the bottle tree and glass goes ping, ping, ping.

It was the third time that I watched the movie before I noticed that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here