Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Garden Easel with Live Art

jeannespines
13 years ago

Last yr I posted this easel that I bought at Farmer's Mrkt from a very talented man who works with Willow sticks. The link below will take you to that posting w/pics from last yr.

This week I put some sealer on the easel & put it at my pool garden with the shell birdhouse. DH made made this frame from barnwood for the easel & I love moving it around the gardens! Here's a couple pics from today:

{{gwi:185965}}

On the ground is a concrete bird waterer made from a huge leaf that I bought some yrs ago...I turn it upside down in the winter & it has lasted good in our weather.

And a closer view:

{{gwi:185968}}

Hope you enjoy! Framing some of my GJ (art)! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Live Art to share (jeannespines)

Comments (12)

• kms4me
    13 years ago

I love it! What a great idea.

Your gardens look lovely through it.

Kate

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Beautiful! Is that some sort of spinner (reminds me of peacock feathers) in center of pic/easel? Must be heavy to move around, looks like it is very well made! Love the shell birdhouse too!! Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

I loved this idea the last time you posted it. What a great way to "frame" a lovely area of the garden as a focal point. And so simple too! Love the rustic look of it as well. A great job as always, Jeanne!

• nonacook
    13 years ago

I, too, remembered your posting of this beautiful easel!
    Thanks for reminding us of it. It is still wonderful!!!!

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Love this idea Jeanne....the picture frame and the fact that it's movable! What pretty gardens you have....a gorgeous setting for your framed "art". TFS

• indylisa
    13 years ago

I like that alot!!!

Lisa

• cait1
    13 years ago

That is just so much fun. I also really like that you can move it around. Reminds me of Van Gogh... he had a 'perspective frame' he carried around with him when he went out to paint.

And your garden is looking so very lush! I can't wait for warmer weather. My tulips are up and you know what that means...

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, GJers ... I am enjoying this framed easel in my gardens...it's kind of like "photography"...where you frame something & get a really good look at it when you separate it from the rest of the surroundings! Fun!

jan..yup, that is a metal spinner ...the edges are scalloped & that's why I put it with my shell roof bdhse...the same "scalloped" pattern. Bought that spinner a few yrs back at a flea market ...it has a hummingbird in the center...now you see the spinners for sale everywhere!

cait..tulips! Yay! Will be lookin' forward to your GJ projects & gardens as you roll into summer! Enjoy! Jeanne S.

• garden2garden
    13 years ago

What a unique idea. I love all the things you post, Jeannie though I don't always reply (to you and others) My dial up is just so slow I don't post near as much as I'd like. I just had to take the time to let you know this is a real winner. I SO love this idea. I'm forever moving things around the garden, too. Focal points change with the seasons. Even in the dead of winter (or the dead of summer in my case) there's always some spot of sheer beauty that deserves to be framed. The frame on the easel in the garden is a really wonderful idea. Cute birdhouse and I like that white wrought iron shelf bracket. Just looked at the picture again and thought of something, wouldn't that be a cute place for one of Robert's garden art spiders. Have fun. Donna

• mary2010
    13 years ago

What a wonderful idea . . . it's like Monet's garden through the frame. I might have to "borrow" your idea for use in my garden. TFS

• mmebrady
    13 years ago

Very cool! I love it!!! I don't have the right garden for it yet.....but who knows what the future holds!

• sorie6 zone 6b
    13 years ago

Everyone else has said it all so I'll just say BEAUTIFUL.
    TFS.

Sponsored
ANF Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Kitchen & Bath Designers Servicing VA