Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tehuti

Garden pond fish

tehuti
13 years ago

Thanks guys you really do lift my spirit.

But if you like fish how's this one for a "garden" pond that is.

{{gwi:186042}}

Comments (14)

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Is that cool! What did you make the eyes out of and the swirly seaweed? Extremely awesome sculpture, Robert!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Robert...I luv this one even more than the last one...& it would look awesome at my pond...here's a pic...just put him anywhere around these Elephant Ears with my little fisherboy! LOL!

Nah, really, you do wonderful work! Must show this to DH...cause I'm always collecting junk for barnwood blooms on old barnwood. Love the fins on this one & the "mean mouth!" The swirly pc certainly looks like underwater vegetation! Just love it! TFS! Jeanne s.

{{gwi:186043}}

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Robert, you just never cease to amaze me! How anyone has such creative vision, and the expertise to make them a reality, boggles my mind. I've long been a fan of your many creations as you know, and generally tend to gush over them. But I can't help it. LOL.

hugs, Karen

• sprout_wi
    13 years ago

This is my favorite, as well. I have seen gardens that mimic the bottom of the sea, with succulents and plants that resemble underwater flora and this would be a great addition. Beautifully done.
    -Sprout

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Love it! Perfect piece for a garden even if you don't have a pond, could put it by a "sea" of blue flowers! Jan

• tehuti
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Luna, you page needs to be revised. That is if my memory serves me correctly - about the boyfriend I mean.

Anyway the eye: i purchased a dozen plastic magnifying lenses on ebay because they were cheap. One is covering a yellow half marble.
    The seaweed piece was one of two heat (flame) deflector from inside a water heater. Please don't ask. ha ha ha

I fixed the link to the widow.

Robert

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

That's a great one too! Good work.

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Robert, its fantastic! What a clever way to make a fish eye too. I love how its put together.
    I haven't seen the other, I'll head over there next.
    Kathy

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

I just put in a pond, That would look great beside it!!!heh heh!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Your fish is awesome, he looks huge, is that a garage door behind him? All your work is beautiful and very creative. Man, I wish that I could weld. You do a swell job on the painting part also. Great work.
    Frou

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Great job...and what an imagination! You used some interesting pieces to put him all together. Both fish are to crave for but this one is my pick!

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

That is very cool!!!!

• garden2garden
    13 years ago

I love this fish too. Great color. I like that the seaweed is decorative but also holding the fish up. Really good looking seaweed, btw. I like the way you have him positioned kind of pointing down, it really adds life to him. Your choice of junk for body parts has been just perfect, it really makes them interesting. I keep comming back to look. These are great.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Oh Robert! You are an inspiration! LOVE this fish! He is just too cool....gotta see if DH can fashion a similar one for my pond! I'm SO glad you're on a roll and sharing your creations with us again! Great job!

Sponsored
Columbus Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions