Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Sea sign and Birdbath

Posted by kylslil1 8b (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 4, 10 at 22:45

I had this old plastic birdbath that had been in my garage for years. So I sprayed it blue and flung outside paint to make the line design.

Photobucket

I also had some leftover wood that I used to make this sign.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Sea sign and Birdbath

kyls...Oh, your plastic BB turned out beautifully! I've never liked those plastic ones but GJers' here have made them look wonderful & changed my opinion!...Someone used one bottom pc as a cement form & then just broke off the plastic. Love yours!

And that sign is very cute...I hope you hang it over a big basket of seashells! LOL! This GJ art will look great on your porch! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

I love the blue of your birdbath! You sure made one of those cheap plastic ones really come alive. That sign is so pretty too. Love the blues. You will have to post a picture of it when you have it hanging up.

P.S. I like the green pottery pot too! he-he

o

You're KIDDING me!! The birdbath looks GREAT!! And I absolutely LOVE the sign. Thanks for posting these. Very nice.
-Sprout

o

I completely love both of these!!! You did a great job on them!

o

BB looks great!! Paint really did wonders! Sea shell sign is nice too! Jan

o

Ditto on what the others said. Great way to spiff up a plastic birdbath, and your sign is darling!

hugs, Karen

o

I would have never known it was plastic. It looks great.

o

Very pretty. I like the sign too.
Kathy

o

Lovely!!! Good job!

o

Yep, you make plastic look good girl. That sign is very cool and so well done. These are the perfect match for your chair and my octopus chandi would look right at home there too. Thanks for the pix and inspiration.
Frou

o

I love what you did to the bird bath. I need to do it to mine!! Did you seal it with anything?
Sign is adorable.

o

OOOOOH how nice it all looks. Would have never known that in it's prior life it was plastic. The new-do is very appealing and the sign is very attractive. Your printing style is eye appealing

o

They both look WONDERFUL! Love the blues...feels very inviting!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here