Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

A Rusty Tool Gate

kirkus
12 years ago

You might remember that my in-laws gave me money a few years back for my birthday and I bought this old gate with a few tools on it. (My in-laws know me well as they also gave me an old metal, watering can which I love!)

Well, I placed the gate in front of an electric box by the driveway to camouflage the box. (The gate can be easily moved if need be.) I've added more tools and old faucet handles on and around the gate. I'm addicted to old, rusty tools! They have stories to tell! :o) I pick them up at garage sales and thrift stores and family members give them to me as well! :o)

Here is a photo of the gate and also one of an old nail keg I arranged some tools in. :o) ENJOY! Bear Hugs! Kirk

{{gwi:186822}}

{{gwi:186823}}

Comments (16)

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Absolutely WONDERFUL, Kirk! You've got a great collection of rusty tools going!

hugs, Karen

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

That is totally great, Kirk. You have a bumper crop of trowels along with your Hens and Chickens. Everything looks wonderful. You are an inspiration to us all. We should never throw anything away. LOL

Marylee

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Love the trowel garden.
    Kathy

• oldrustybucket
    12 years ago

On my....we obviously have the same rust disorder..it has escalated to even impacting my name!
    Love the gate...and other artifacts!

• chelcass
    12 years ago

Love the fence. I have several rusty old tools just waited to be hung. I bought a couple metal hang on the door shoe racks and I think I am going to put those on the back of my shed, since that is a blank canvas right now,

• geeme
    12 years ago

tried twice to post here. maybe third time charm??? Anyway . love what you are doing with that area, it all fits together and looks great. I am surprised you have not made a hand trowel wind chime to go with your rusty garden. geeme

• soxxxx
    12 years ago

Another old trowel and old garden tool collecter here.
    So of coarse I love yours.

I have a collection of 9 garden rake heads on a fence.
    One lady visiting me asked if I had worn them all out.

• kylslil1
    12 years ago

awe neato! i want to make one of these!! hey what did you ever do with all the crystal drop thingies from that lamp?

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Looking good Kirk! Love all of the tools in the dirt in front of the gate too!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Wonderful display of the 'oldies!' Gotta love that rust! What a great pc to display them on & the Hen & Cks & rock garden around it looks great! I like how you 'stuck' the spades in the ground around that! You nail keg rocks, too! (or maybe I should say 'rusts, too!' TFS, kirk! Jeanne S.

• nonacook
    12 years ago

Awesome use of the gate and the tools.When Hurricane Ivan (and the next year H. Dennis) knocked the fences down, I kept all the gates. I leaned one on a stump, and now a camphor tree has grown through it....I need to cut it out! I also have a couple of containers of tools....
    Now that this year, I have finally got most of the trash/weeds/vines out, I hope to get things hanging on the fence before the year is out.

• laurastheme
    12 years ago

I love the fence. I wish my DH was more into that type of thing. All he sees in it is junk. I see art.

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

Wowzers!!! I have the old gate, not rusty, but a piece I want to salvage from my dad's before we sell the land. And I have a bunch of his old rusty tools and thanks to you I now know what to do with them! Thanks for sharing your creation. Gotta be on the look-out for some rusty trowels now. I even have the old nail keg and big old tools. Can't wait to dig them out!!!

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Great arrangement & can't ever tell anyone you can't find anything to dig with. I would end up using some from time to time! The hens & chicks look great there & bring out the rusty look of the tools! Jan

• calicocat1967
    12 years ago

Love rusty stuff.....the more rust the better in my opinion LOL !!! Your displays are marvelous.

Kim

• october17
    12 years ago

Me too! Me too! Love rusty stuff! I love that gate. Where did you get that?

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling