Window box made from old drawer

Posted by tasymo zone 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 9, 10 at 0:03

I'm loving this.

Here is a link that might be useful: old drawer window box

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Window box made from old drawer

To give credit wear credit is due, I found it on this blog...

Here is a link that might be useful: The Fabric of Sweet Repose

o

Great idea! Thanks for sharing. Now I have to be on the look out for some old orphan drawers. Sounds like a curb shopping spree item!

o

The old drawers wouldn't be hard to find, I don't think. It's the cool old brackets that might present a challenge. It wouldn't be a problem if I were willing to shell our some $$, but I like to do things CHEAP!!

o

This is a great idea....LOVE the look! Thanks for sharing the idea and the blog!

o

The only problem nowadays, with drawers are they are mostly made of fiberboard....
I like the tin stars, too.
I had been to this site before, but not since the middle of August. I also like the birdhouses on June 30 and July 22. I usually go from the beginning to the end of a blog like this one. Maybe not in one sitting tho'----Grin.

o

I agree, Nona. This would be better in a protected area, like under a covered porch. Old drawers have much more character that the cheap ones made these days. Since I don't have a covered porch, I'll probably do an interior version.

o

The 4 things holding up my mantels on either side of fireplace look much like 1 holding up that drawer, they were difficult to make as I watched DH make them, they are layers of real wood & with a long curve, so best bet is to look for discarded mantel from old house(in some areas they are salvaged & sell for a lot) Iron pieces would work but would need 2 & wouldn't be same effect. Really looks great with the whitewashed shed/window as backdrop! Jan

o

Love it, too, tasymo...the molding around the window is quite spectacular, too! Old architecture pcs are expensive here, too...just got to be lucky & hit the right flea mrkt! I also like using old treadle sewing machine drawers for inside decor. TFS! Jeanne S.

o

I know what you're saying, Jeanne. I never find old architecural pieces like spindles and corbels that don't cost big $$. There is so much you can do with them, too. I've got one old treadle sewing machine drawer that I use to hold vintage trims. I love it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here