Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Redneck fence

Posted by atokadawn 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 6, 10 at 0:37

Here is the way to cover a nasty rusted cattle fence.Redneck style!

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Redneck fence

That actually looks pretty good ... just not sure how well it would hold up.

My husband and I were looking at fences for our new house. The neighbors on one side of us have a 6' chainlink fence with privacy slats woven into it. I personally don't care for a chainlink fence. The remind me of prison (not that I have ever been there - lol). Any way, while look at fencing, we came across something different to weave into chainlink fences. It looks like green Xmas tree garland! lol! I guess it is supposed to fool people into thinking you have a hedge. I thought of toomuchglass's redneck idea when I saw that.

o

I left a soda can out for a year in the sun and unprotected to see how it would do. It faded, that is all. This fence is in the shade.It should hold the color for a few years. It was alot of work cutting all the cans flat,but I am happy with it.

o

Atokadawn, amazing! How did you attach the cans? And what tips do you have re cutting, etc. Love it. Could you get another picture maybe closer up?

Rosie

o

Photobucket

Photobucket

I bent the cans around the fence wires so they would hold themselfs on the fence. Cutting them was not hard with a OLD pair of sissors. I found a pair of cotton gloves did help keep the blisters down some. Make sure to let all your friends know you need cans.lol

o

I think that is so cool!!!!Love it !!!

o

Very nice, very nice indeed.

o

At 1st I thought you had stacked empty cartons!!LOL. Glad it is cans, they will last much longer. It really looks nice!! You should send pic to your favorite soda maker & maybe they will give you a gift certificate for their sodas!! All that "free" advertising! Jan

o

Oh geez, I thought it was boxes! Doh! Cans will last a long time outside. I had an aunt and uncle with a farm. They threw all their cans in a giant pile. I wouldn't be surprised if that pile still existed today! lol

I like it, atokadawn!

o

I like this around a tree....I might put a section on my chainlink fence-hmmmm.

o

I thought it was cut down cartons,too . Actual CANS ! That's genius !

o

Atokadawn! I love this! I am a Diet Pepsi-aholic! I have been wanting to finish the inside of my garage! You have inspired me to do something artsy in there with Diet Pepsi cans!!!! Your creation really is artsy! Love it! Bear Hugs! Kirk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here