Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinfoilhat

I Need a Dragon Whisperer

tinfoilhat
9 years ago

The "How to Train Your Dragon" movie made it look so easy I just had to get one. So I fired up the Miller Welding Time Machine and went in search of a dragon. Hollywood has lied to me again. This guy is untrainable.

{{gwi:186970}}

{{gwi:186971}}
I thought a fire breathing dragon would be a natural to help at the BBQ grill. He's not, he overcooks the steaks and undercooks the baked potatoes. Any attempt to offer helpful tips turns him into something akin to a sullen teenage boy.
Something he is acting like more and more each day. He sleeps in in the morning and stays out late. The neighbor says his cat is missing and somebody burned down his outhouse. I checked the Tucson yellow pages for a dragon whisperer but apparently there's not much call for dragon whisperers in Tucson. Google has also been a dead end.
Any suggestions?

Comments (14)

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    9 years ago

Isn't there a group called "Is your Tale a Dragon"?

Have you tried a thermostat?

tj

• ponderpaul
    9 years ago

like!

• oldcrafty
    9 years ago

He might be untrainable but he makes up for it in good looks!

• socks
    9 years ago

I have no idea how you did that, but it's very cute!

• tinfoilhat
    Original Author
    9 years ago

My welding area has a roof over it and that's where I hide out in the blazing afternoons when my tale is a dragon. If I was a little more coherent by that time of day I might have remembered I have a thermostat and a timer from an old toaster oven and incorporated them in the critter.
    The body is a 4 cylinder engine crankshaft. The neck is a piece of chain. Neck collar is a broken seed plate from a planter. Beak/nose is a cycle mower guard. Hips are pieces from a motorcycle engine. Tail is twisted barbed wire with a piece of circular saw blade on the end. The rest is just bits and pieces of rebar, pipe, conduit, and pump screen.

• sunnyca_gw
    9 years ago

I'm afraid you'll no longer have control of your kingdom if you don't do a little surgery & cool him down, what's next, your workshop?? They will arrest you for arson, don't let him get the upper hand!! He is awfully cute but you just have to practice some "tough love" Jan

• sorie6 zone 6b
    9 years ago

Good luck training him!!!
    You are so creative thanks for sharing him with us!!

• Marlene Kindred
    9 years ago

He is one cool looking dragon!! Love his coloring too. I'm liking the thermostat idea....I swear you should write for a living! You're a hoot! His eyes are very cool....how did you make them?

Another big winner Tinfoil! Keep 'em coming!

• tinfoilhat
    Original Author
    9 years ago

When I went looking for some hearts for the eyes for my love birds I found a doll making site that had them. They also had a large variety of other cheap plastic eyes that I bought figuring I could work them into some other critters.
    I welded steel slugs into the pipe that is his head then drilled hole and tapped eyes in. The eyes are plastic and have a short plastic stud behind them.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

I love your dragon. He is darling and his shortcomings as a chef should be overlooked. There is no proof of any other actions, so he is in the clear! One tip-don't wake him when he is sleeping late. Not good.

• concretenprimroses
    9 years ago

They say you can't teach an old dragon new tricks or a new dragon old tricks. Its not true! Just get a good book on behavioural techniques. Use positive reinforcement!
    He's beautiful.
    Kathy

• chickiebabeblue
    9 years ago

Maybe some midwest weather would be good for him. I have a nice fenced in yard to offer. Winter in Wisconsin can tame any dragon! Very clever tinfoilhat.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    9 years ago

Love it of course! When I looked at it I said to myself, is that a crankshaft? Lol. Why yes it is! Genius!
    Keep the fire extinguisher handy!
    Does anyone smell smoke?

• 1212dusti
    9 years ago

This guy is so cute and my dogs would love to hang with him. How can you resist those big yellow eyes?

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Fairfax County Distinguished Landscape Contractors | 4x Best of Houzz