Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

I'm finally cracking open my 'treasure chest'

toomuchglass
13 years ago

What's in my treasure chest ????????????

I got these from Craig's list a year ago . I was on cloud 9 when I found these . I tucked them carefully away - and just KNEW someday it would be the right time to get them out and work on them.

You would think I had the Hope Diamond ........... LOL ..... but this is better !! NOW ---- I'm ready to create with them !!

For $15 ......

I .....................

bought ........

2 dozen bowling pins !!! LOL

Only people like us would be excited about it ~ ROFL !!

Now comes the challenge of what to make . I googled Bowling Pin crafts ... I think Google laughed at my request ... no help there !

I Still remember the garden sparkler out of the bowling pin ...I've seen them mosaiced ....any other ideas you can think of ?

I bet this could be a big part of Redneck Chic ! LOL

Comments (12)

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Might be cute painted like Mr. & Mrs. Santa or snowman. Somewhere on web I saw 1 painted with favorite team & logo- such as yellow & black, blue & gold, red & white, etc. That's about all I can think of, you could have whole choir with all you've got!! Have fun! Jan

• bgrow_gardens
    13 years ago

O.K. I'll confess I'm a "lurker" on this board... I love all those neat - o ideas that you folks come up with... The pictures are really great to see too.
    So here is my idea for the bowling pins....
    I would organize them on the ground around a bowling ball of all things... like the petals of a flower (of course you'd half to bury the bowling ball 1/2 way down a bit..). You could maybe mosaic the BB / and the (pins) petals if desired or paint or whatever you decide to do...Anyhow anytime you like you can move it around the yard to different times of the year... kind of like yard art, on Redneck steroids LoL Just my 2 cents worth... Ok I'll sidle back into the shadows now, and go back to lurking away..
    Happy Gardening,
    bgrow_gardens

• tasymo
    13 years ago

I found this project on... "Redneck Chic" of all places!

Here is a link that might be useful: bowling pin legs

• Deb Kozuszek
    13 years ago

I have a case too!! I mosaiced some and painted some and glued a pretty plate on it for a butterfly waterer!
    {{gwi:187000}}

• Deb Kozuszek
    13 years ago

One of the painted ones
    {{gwi:187001}}

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

g'madeb...that black & flowered butterfly waterer one is beautiful! Can't tell it was ever a bowling pin! Great painting! TFS! Jeanne S.
    p.s. Good luck, 2much!

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

I'd mosaic or decoupage them (since I can't paint a lick) and then set them up in the yard with a mosaiced/decoupaged bowling ball nearby. The bowling pin sparklers were done by twosistersmosaic.com. Below is the link to the page featuring the bowling pin sparklers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bowling Pin Sparklers

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Tasymo, you linked my DD's blog.....
    TOO funny!!! Thank you for supporting her, isn't she a hoot???
    Have a great day!
    J

• tasymo
    13 years ago

Jaybird, I LOVE your DD's blog! She is very talented and entertaining. You have a great day, too!!!

• bverste
    13 years ago

I like the idea of mosaicing the pins, setting them up with a mosaic ball close by, or depending on how big your yard is, make them usable pins with balls for lawn bowling, they could still be painted, decoupaged or what ever (probably NOT mosaiced) and let everyone have fun bowling!!! Bev

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Those are so much fun, love the idea of table or bench legs.

Tasymo - thanks for the Redneck Chic link, I hadn't seen it before and she links to some other great stuff that's new to me too.

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

I love what has been shown here as suggestions. I can't wait to see what you do. (And I'm following red neck chic now. Cool blog.)
    If you decoupage it may not last outside (even on a covered porch)UNLESS you use lazertran transfer paper to make decals and then apply them with oil based varnish. I've just learned more about this technique and will report more when I've experimented. Just wanted to mention it since decoupage was brought up as a possibility.
    Kathy

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH