Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I know it's off message but. . . .

Posted by r_murray 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 21, 10 at 3:00

Okay, I'll put it outside in the garden for a day.

Photobucket

BTW the shooter (marble) was cooked at 500 degrees for 20 minutes then immediately submerged in ice water. The crackled look is really cool. I think I'll try other glass pieces and see what happens.

My sincere thanks to all the generous encouragement from the members of this forum - I opened a very expensive art gallery some place on the internet - you'll have to find it because I can't post or link to it here according to the "Businesses Using the Forums". I'll have to be real careful to stay out of trouble. I might have to cut all the links to photobucket if I put any links to the business site up there. Actually it may not be possible to post ANY pictures here in the future.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I know it's off message but. . . .

That's really beautiful, great idea with the marbles.

I would love to see your store. It took me less than a second to find your Robert's Backyard blog page, but couldn't find your store with several searches. The link was rejected in the preview so I pasted it in.

http://www.robertsbackyard.com/

Maybe someone else will find and post the store or if you put a link on the blog page and then we go there and just happen to find the link to the store......

o

Good for you, Robert!!! Yes, please link your store to your blog!!!! That will be very sad if you can't post pictures here, I'll just have to bookmark your other sites and 'keep an eye on you' :)

I have a sliver of a memory of my Granny cracking marbles like crazy when I was little, but I was thinking she boiled them, then iced them. hmmmm, there's got to be a 'how to' on the net somewhere!

Good luck on your endeavor, I think your sculptures will sell quickly!!!

o

BEAUTIFUL Angel Robert! So glad you know you've open a gallery! Best of luck to you and I'll have to do some sleuthing and hopefully can find your store.

o

Love your blog and of course your creations. Now you know we are all searching for your store. I have your blog bookmarked and will keep an eye on you. :)

o

This is beautiful...as is everything you ever make. Thank you for sharing it wiht us.

o

Love, love, love this piece. The whole thing just catches your eye. The shape, color . . . everything. Keep up the wonderful work.

o

I want to see your store too!
Cool idea with the marbles. We used to cook marbles on my grandma's heater in her dining room (when she wasn't looking) he he. I hadn't thought about that for a while!
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here