Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Bottle Tree

Posted by kirkus (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 15, 11 at 4:35

Planted a new bottle tree...still need 8 more blue bottles. Need to get my wife Carol to sip a bit more wine (in blue bottles!). :o) Love the Black-Eyed Susans with the blue of the bottles. :o) Bear Hugs! Kirk

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Bottle Tree

That's a really nice one Kirk! I can't quite make out how its made. Did you make it?
Kathy

o

Love your bottle tree, Kirk. I also like your wooden ladder with fencing attached. I can see a bloomimg clematis climbing it. (In my mind's eye, of course) Also like your Black-Eyed Susans. I have some of them. Thanks for sharing.

Marylee

o

What a gorgeous combination of colors! One of my favorites!

o

I love the blue bottles with the black eyed susans. What a gorgeous color combination in the garden. Carol better hurry up and tip some more bottles! :) ~Micki~

o

Lovely, blue looks great with the Susans, now is that bird a ghost or what!!Its above the 2nd bottle down from top,on the right & sitting on the ladder,it's white with a pink eye. Is it real?? Jan

o

Your bottle tree looks very rustic & I also love that yellow & blue combo! Very nice ...Jeanne S.

o

Kirk I love this tree. Please tell us what you made the tree out of. It looks like maybe you used wire clamps for the branches???

And is that bird a ghost? Pretty spooky.

o

That looks so pretty, perfect setting for a blue bottle tree. Sorry you have to 'force' Carol to drink more wine.
LOL.
I finally found the ghost bird. By copying your photo and cropping down to the area that Jan said. WOW...how cool is that!!

Smick, its GREAT to see you again here!

hugs, Karen

o

Wow it takes a while to find it...but once you find it it very clear...

o

Thanks for the nice comments. I love the new bottle tree as it sits outside our bedroom window and we enjoy it often, especially on sunny days. :o) I purchased the bottle tree through the Gardener's Supply catalog with a coupon Carol found. I paid a bit more for it but it is so strong and sturdy. I'll post a link.

Jan, I see the "ghost bird"! Went outside and looked...no bird! Hmmmm... There is an empty bird's nest up above on the top of that ladder trellis. I just couldn't remove it as the bird had worked so hard to make it. A natural garden decoration. :o)

Thanks, everyone! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: Bottle Tree

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here