Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lids off!

Posted by giggles1 NY (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 22, 10 at 7:38

I was just watching the show Creative Juice on HGTV. At the end of the show, the quickie was re-purposed pot/pan lids. The episode was called Monkey Business.
They were meant for indoors, but, being metal, why not for the garden???
Take the topside of a lid w/ a knob handle, use the knob as a nose. They added wire nostrils. Spoons for ears, eye/sunglasses, wire for hair. It was so fast, I didn't catch what they used for the mouth, but all the features would be WHATEVER you have on hand anyway! Plus, to make it more interesting, lids come in all colors too!
Very similar to the coffee pot people, but you would hang these "guys". On a tree, they could be like the forest people. Could be animals too! We all see/have the lids.

I figure this is a QUICK cute unique item!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lids off!

Great idea! TFS
Kathy

o

That sounds cute. What kind of adhesive were they using?
Donna

o

Since this was for indoors, I think it was just a glue-gun. Since I want to do it for outdoors, I'm planning on JB Weld. Hubby fixes everything w/ that, I would think it would work for this.

Wish they would have shown more.

o

Sounds like a cute idea. I hope someone tries it and posts pictures!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here