Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
manzomecorvus

cool little trick

manzomecorvus
17 years ago

Ok, so I just found a very easy trick that can punch up the look of a project.

I got up early this morning to work on my current project before working, and I start having one of those "it needs more ooomph" moments. And then my eyes spotted a bag of rivets someone gave me.

So I attached some of those flat glass beads to rivets, and then attached them to my project, and I really loved the 3-D look. So the wheels started turning, and I drug out my stash of marbles. Rivets make it really, really easy to attach marbles to a project. (I used plumber's goop to attach everything).

And now I am thinking that snaps and rivets come in a lot of sizes and colors, and that I am really in trouble b/c I am already thinking about other projects I have to do.

Comments (16)

• Bright199
    17 years ago

Pictures please!!!

• manzomecorvus
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well it was all drying nicely when I left. Will take pictures as soon as I get home this evening. It is soo much fun to hafta work on Saturdays!

• cait1
    17 years ago

Looking forward to the pics!

Cait

• gw:craftylady-2006
    17 years ago

Great idea, I bet it makes the marbles more shiny and pop out. Yes, please post pics of your project.

Sal

• cindee11461
    17 years ago

sounds cool can't wait to see the picture(-:

• Calamity_J
    17 years ago

WANNA SEE!!!!

• breakdishes
    17 years ago

Me TOO!!!

• manzomecorvus
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OK, here is the pix. This is one of those projects that got soooo out hand! I adore Mexican folkart, so when I rescued this old heater, I started thinking it would be cool to try my hand at a folkart junk shrine for my prayer corner. 'cept I got carried away adding stuff!!! I am sorry, I don't know how to make the pictures bigger?

{{gwi:187701}}Â Â
    {{gwi:187703}}Â Â
    {{gwi:187706}}Â Â
    {{gwi:187708}}Â Â

• texaswild
    17 years ago

OMYGOODNESS, Manzo. I LOVE this thing. That's my kind of craziness. I couldn't figure out what you meant by rivets and I'll have to put them on my list for my next run to Lowes. I LOVE the way you went wild w/mosaicing this old heater. It is too cool. Waaaaaay to go, girl. You've given me new inspiration. I love rustic/elegant stuff and this piece is a wonderful example. You have a very creative mind.

• manzomecorvus
    Original Author
    17 years ago

slowmedown,

I think you can get rivets at the craft store? I got mine from someone cleaning out their craft room, they used them when they were making costumes. I have no idea how they are actually suppose to be used....?

• texaswild
    17 years ago

Gonna get some cuz I'm always looking for things that are 3D but easy to grout around. I have thought of your heater all day, and even looked at my small one w/a thought to do the same kind of decorating, but it wouldn't be a dramatic as one like yours. Gonna go on a junkin' trip this week to look for something similar. LOVE that piece!

• pjpackrat
    17 years ago

Oh that's so cool!!! I just love this idea too!!
    I'll have to raid the rivet stash, I'm sure DH has some, and I just happen to have bags and bags of craft marbles and was wondering what to use them on.
    PJ

• wackyweeder
    17 years ago

That would be such a cool way to make drawer pulls/cabinet nobs for cheap!

• Calamity_J
    17 years ago

Thanks for posting the pis!! I really like the finished product!!! You gotta love those Divine Idea Moments!!!

• easystitches
    17 years ago

I love it! It's great!
    It reminded me that I saw a book at JoAnn's fabric store
    on making shrines, sorry I didn't get it.

• dixiesmom
    16 years ago

Wow, I had to look at that about four times! Those are flat! They look like crystal drawer pulls! I need to look for some of those rivets. Any idea where to find some like that?

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County