Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Light the way

Posted by concretenprimroses 4B NH (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 13, 11 at 8:33

When I was looking through the garage, yard and cellar for props to bring to the craft fair and hang plate flowers on I found a lost treasure. Years ago I bought this little stand at a rummage sale. It is supposed to hold 4 potted plants in a spiral. Such small pots would always need watering so I never used it.

I couldn't figure out how to use it in my display, but I repainted it with rustoleum anyway. Then I pulled out some glass things that don't sit flat and added faux votives.

Voila! It looks real pretty at night but I couldn't get a good pic. Its too cold at night for evening parties in the garden, so I've only used it on my porch so far.

Photobucket

Concrete shapes to keep it stable. I've got lots of those lying around.

I'm actually thinking of making mini plate flowers out of doll dishes and glueing them to the stem.

Kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Light the way

Very pretty. I love the green one, looks like a flower.

o

What a great idea. I have a 'flower' like that. I'm going to be using it for a garden flower soon.

o

So cute!!!

o

Nice! Looks good on your porch! Jeanne S.

o

Cute idea! I like the top two especially. And the idea of using doll dishes to make little plate flowers is a great one!

o

What a great idea! You can always find those stray candle holders missing their bases at thrift stores. I like your idea of the little plate flowers too. Keep us posted!

o

FANTASTIC!!!!!!! I love your new creation! Very nice and practical too! WOW!

o

I love those little battery votives, that will be such a nice way to get a little night light to sit & enjoy the evening. The cement pieces will keep kitties from flipping it over tho they might try to chase the light! Jan

o

Nice creation and re-use! I love how you used the different types of glass. What a great find. I love when I buy things, forget about them, and then find them later as I'm looking for something else. It's so exciting!

Alicia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here