Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Poolside towel tree / rack... suggestions?

Posted by giggles1 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 25, 11 at 9:20

Bare in mind, I'M WACKY! Get your wacky helmets on and be creative!!! lol
Bought a house in Florida. It has a lanai & pool. I've probably OVERDONE the HAPPY, fun feel, all kinds of creatures and colorful tropical stuff.
I need to make something to hold the towels.
I had in mind the railing post / table leg w/ each curvy painted different, stripes, polka-dots etc. (like the bird house posts I love!), but that would probably be too much color & clash.
Or, somehow making a palm tree that would hold towels, perhaps out of an old Christmas tree? Or 3?
Has anyone seen or made something unique? Google just gives the pvc and "standard" trees/racks. Those JUST WON'T DO!!
There's very little wall space w/ all the sliding glass doors, so I need it to be free standing.
TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Poolside towel tree / rack... suggestions?

Maybe a ladder with old faucets attached.

o

No such thing as too much fun, eh Wacky?

I like the ladder idea, and the faucets. Another thought is to start with a wooden chair (painted however you like), and add racks to the 3 open sides. Or if you left one side open, you could put folded dry towels on the seat.

Be sure to post a pic when you are done.

Kathy

o

find one of those clothes drying things with all the fold out arms and attach it to a pot with eyes on it and plant some hair in it.... paint it all monster of your choice and plant it on a pole...

o

I'm thinking of a coat tree with palm fronds attached to the top. Hang the towels from existing hooks. You can add a few more hooks lower down for additional towels.

I'm thinking of starting with a simple coat tree - kinda like the one I'm linking.

Here is a link that might be useful: Coat Tree

o

Make a bottle tree & have bottles on the top & then dowels coming out of the middle section to hang the towels on & maybe a couple of bathing caps or a swim ring! Sounds like fun project! Jan

o

A planter from our GJ Inspiration album...how about something like this? Maybe turned spindles & painted diff colors? Stack of towels in the planter part? Color, yes use color! After all, you bought a place in Florida! Add a wood parrot to the top corner of it! LOL! Have fun, giggles!

blue Planter Box trellis by sistersunnie
(blue planter box by sistersunnie)

Here is a link that might be useful: GJ Inspiration 'Wood Creations'

o

Why not a post with those mileage markers on them? I'm putting a link to the famous one in Key West. You could hang your towels on the signs. Don't forget to add a marker for your hometown. You could do one for family members homes, where you honeymooned or whatever.

Here is a link that might be useful: Key West Sign Post

o

Maybe you could just get yourself a fake palm tree, drill a few holes in it and stick some poles through it? Lol, I dunno!

Here is a link that might be useful: Here are some plain towel racks in case you change your mind...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here