Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is this ? A question about a piece of junk

Posted by mommyandme2 none (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 20, 11 at 9:58

While out walking today, I found a piece of metal in the road, a long narrow piece of steel. It is 1/8 inch wide, 5 1/2 feet long. The last inch or so is wrapped with a little more steel. It has a very springy quality. With a good bit of strength, I was able to maneuver the strip into 2 loops, held tight with a zip-strip. If I cut the zip strip, I have no doubt but that I'd get hit very hard in the face. I can't really fold it. I don't thick even locktite glue would hold it if I was able to somehow maneuver it into a shape. What is this & what can I do with it ? Laura

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is this ? A question about a piece of junk

Maybe a piece of trim off of a vehicle?? Better check yours 1st! Then if you want to hold it use some wire as the zip-thing may break & hurt you or an animal or kid. Guess it's not an antenna or the thing that is connected to your mileage meter?? Jan

o

Pic, please!

o

Could it be part of the spring/strut of a truck or trailer? If you look at the rear Axel of a truck or trailer they have flat metal pieces that absorb the bounce in the road.

o

It looks like a foot long dipstick without a handle. No markings of any kind. No oily residue. I can't cut it or bend into any particular shape. My d s-in-l, the King of Trivia, says he has no idea what it is. That's it ! I threw it out. I was hoping someone would say, I know what that is !", but apparently that's not going to happen. Thanks anyway. - Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here