Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
soinspired_gw

Springfield, OH Antique Flea Mkt.

soinspired
13 years ago

Is anyone attending the Springfield OH Antique Flea Mkt. next weekend? Or, has anyone ever attended? My junking buddy and I are going for the first time. Can hardly wait!

Thank you all for your continued inspirations here. I've been really, really busy with work and only have a little time to take a quick peek once or twice a week.

You're inspirations are the best!

Comments (11)

• bverste
    13 years ago

please tell us more about the antique flea mkt, always looking for a good weekend junking trip Bev

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Ooohhh...have a great time! We had a blast at the one in Virginia a few weeks ago....make sure to take lots of cash! ;-)

• kelly_oh
    13 years ago

So, I haven't been, but I've thought about it! Where are you located? You'll probably go right past me on your way there!!! I'm just a bit west of Dayton.
    I'm afraid I would get there and find all kinds of treasures and not be able to afford them!!!
    I am planning to go the the flea market in Eaton, tomorrow morning, and find lots of cheap wonderful goodies!!!

Bev, here's a link:

Here is a link that might be useful: Springfield flea market

• shpnquen
    13 years ago

Ohhhh, that looks wonderful!! Please let us know how it is.

We used to go to the flea market in Kenton before they skipped last year & changed the date & rules this year. We'd like to find something to go to that's far enough away, yet not too terribly far.

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

I'd love to go to the Country Living magazine in Columbus, OH too. Too bad I'm all the way here in Wisconsin. One of these days I'm going to make it to the Junk Bonanza in Minnesota too.

• maozamom NE Ohio
    13 years ago

I'm going. We've been there twice before and had a great time and bought some great items too.

Although this one is actually closer, I thought the Country Living Show is awfully expensive without having some wonderful recommendations from people I can trust.

mao

• soinspired
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'd like to go to the Country Living Show also. And, went last year to the Junk Bonanza. That was a really neat show, small but really nice things and great ideas too. But, seeing the Springfield show is the same weekend, I decided to catch it instead. Hope to find lots of garden treasures! I'll let you know what I find. Keep those inspirations coming!

• garden2garden
    13 years ago

Gee I wish I was going, too! OH and the rest of the midwest has some really great antique/junk flea mkts. You just don't see much of that sort of thing down here and I really miss it.

Luna and other WI and IL people- have you ever been to the Antique Flea Mkt at the fairgrounds in Elkhorn WI? DH and I used to sell (and buy) there when we lived up that way, back before the "turn of the century", lol. I wasn't even sure they still had them so I googled it and sure enough theres one more this year on Sept. 26. Also Kane Co Fairgrounds in St. Charles, IL someone mentioned a while ago. I see they have a sale comming up Oct 2 and 3. These are big flea mkts with indoor and oudoor dealers and a lot of fun. It's the antique 'shows' that get $$$. Heres the links if anyone's intersted. Donna

http://www.kanecountyfleamarket.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: elkhorn wi antique flea mkt

• kelly_oh
    13 years ago

Soinspired, How was it????

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

It looks like I missed the last of the Elkhorn flea markets. Ack! I'll have to remember it for next year. I have been to the one in Cedarburg and St. Martins. Both had some great stuff. I can't wait until November when a friend's church in Sheboygan has a humongous rummage sale. After 2:00, a cartload of stuff is $5. We always load up on lots of junk. Hopefully with the new house I'll be able to actually do something with the awesome stuff I have accumulated.

• soinspired
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I've been so busy at work, I forgot to follow-up with you on our trip! It was one of the BEST shows I've ever attended. We attended Sat. & Sun. However, we were surprised that they charged $3 per person as you drove in! But, at least we had great bathroom facilities and we really appreciated that.

Many vendors were packing up on Sat. afternoon to go to a KY flea mkt. So, Sunday, there weren't a lot of people but still found a couple more treasures. I was happy that dealers were anxious to barter. Many would make a lower offer before we even said anything. My hunts were for old bird cage hangers as I like to use them to hold my hummingbird feeders & bird houses throughout my gardens. Found 2!

Came home with a cute little vintage wire table (funky green color)perfect for my bath, old black iron cigarette stand for my husband, and an adorable metal coffee stand on 4 wheels. Didn't need any of these, but just couldn't leave without them!

Many, many great ideas too. Several vendors had transformed old furniture that was just beautiful. There was something for everyone that was for sure. My friend and I had the back of my Escape packed with treasures!

We were told too that the one in May is exceptional! Wear comfortable shoes as we walked and walked and walked. Couldn't see everything in one day - but we sure tried!

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner