Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Care to share...photos of plate flowers "with stems" in yard

Posted by cadillactaste Zone 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 17, 12 at 10:59

Just this July I came across plate flowers while away on vacation. The house had three amazing plate flowers and also glass totem poles. It was beautiful...but I was unable to grab a photo because of the location it sat and traffic.

But it's been in the back of my mind...I was at a second hand store the other day...picking up pieces that would work for plate flowers...then sat them back down and walked away thinking one had to drill holes and bolt these together.

After purchasing a few off of Etsy.com...still awaiting their arrival. I am aware now that they are glued! Went back and sure enough those pieces were snagged by someone other than me. But I've got plans to keep my eyes open for more plates and accessories to assemble my own flowers. To give as pressies to friends. Figured the three I purchased I can see the seller's techniques first hand as to how they put them together.

But I really want to make my copper sleeve for the rebar snazzy. The ones I seen on vacation were copper...with an outline of a leave done also in a smaller copper. Possibly tubing?

So curious if anyone else has made creative stems for the plate flowers. Also wandering if ones may share their displaying of their flowers in their own yards. I'm torn between putting my three I have coming in a planter or in a flower bed.

Photos is much appreciated...

(thought I posted this already but must have forgotten to hit submit.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Care to share...photos of plate flowers "with stems" in yard

Cadi~If you go to the bottom of the listings to the search bar and type in plate flower, tons of postings will come up...all kinds! Glued together ones, bolted together ones, and all kinds of stem ideas. Have fun searching the posts!

o

Stems too! Thanks Marlene!!! Bolted ones...is that hard to do...hm-mmm

o

I've only put mine on conduit or pipes, not copper. I count on the flowers growing up around them, but frankly they could look better befoer that happens. Eager to see what you come up with.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here