Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cadillactaste

Care to share...photos of plate flowers "with stems" in yard

cadillactaste
11 years ago

Just this July I came across plate flowers while away on vacation. The house had three amazing plate flowers and also glass totem poles. It was beautiful...but I was unable to grab a photo because of the location it sat and traffic.

But it's been in the back of my mind...I was at a second hand store the other day...picking up pieces that would work for plate flowers...then sat them back down and walked away thinking one had to drill holes and bolt these together.

After purchasing a few off of Etsy.com...still awaiting their arrival. I am aware now that they are glued! Went back and sure enough those pieces were snagged by someone other than me. But I've got plans to keep my eyes open for more plates and accessories to assemble my own flowers. To give as pressies to friends. Figured the three I purchased I can see the seller's techniques first hand as to how they put them together.

But I really want to make my copper sleeve for the rebar snazzy. The ones I seen on vacation were copper...with an outline of a leave done also in a smaller copper. Possibly tubing?

So curious if anyone else has made creative stems for the plate flowers. Also wandering if ones may share their displaying of their flowers in their own yards. I'm torn between putting my three I have coming in a planter or in a flower bed.

Photos is much appreciated...

(thought I posted this already but must have forgotten to hit submit.)

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting