Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cool colored solar lights!!!

Posted by kelly_oh OH z6 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 21, 10 at 11:16

Hi,
I was snooping around on the net for more craft ideas (I apparently don't have enough of them in my mental files!!) when I saw these. I love how she just hung them along her path but I know the smart junkers on here will come up with other ideas. I'm focusing on a chandelier hanging outside, of course, but I can't wait to see what you all come up with!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: modge podge solar lights

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cool colored solar lights!!!

Cool, I was snooping last night too. I was looking for solar light ideas after Kirk's post about the chandelier. So thanks for this site. Love It. I LOVE SOLAR LIGHTS.

o

Interesting... I didn't know they made outdoor modpodge! I wonder how well the food coloring will hold up to UV rays. It seems like it would fade, but you never know. I haven't been able to find any reasonably priced blue mason jars for the chandelier that Kirkus posted. This may be a way to acheive a similar look with clear glass jars.

o

Glass enamel pants you get at walmart or HL will do the same and will not fade I have had some out side for a very long time .

o

Pretty cool...I just bought a solar light today to try in a blue Mason jar...fun ideas! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

what a fun idea! Reminds me to think about all the glass I have and whether any of it can be made into a solar light.
TFS
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here