Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shpnquen

LBO Garden Shed

shpnquen
13 years ago

LBO = Low Budget Operation

This is a shed that my DH started for me 2 years ago. I finally lit a fire under him this summer to get going on this & it's still not quite done yet, but oh so close! That's why you see a strap tying the door closed. He's waiting until Winter to install the vintage knob & lock on it & then he can put the screen door on. The screen door may or may not stay, since I love the look of this door!

The reason this is a LBO shed is because it barely cost me anything. Most of the stuff was either free, clearance, or just plain cheap! The only thing I purchased at a retailer was the windows, siding & treated lumber. That ragged green fabric chair was a curb find last week that needs to be stripped & something else done with it, but that's it's home today.

{{gwi:188578}}

{{gwi:188579}}

{{gwi:188580}}

We're waiting until after the winter freeze/thaw to help settle it more before we start doing any real landscaping, but I couldn't resist on a few things in the safe zones.

Comments (15)

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Good job there! That's a beautiful shed, your storm door arbor is perfect.

I just want to walk up and sit down.

Thanks for showing us.

• grspirit
    13 years ago

That is an awesome shed. Envious here.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

That is one of the cutest "sheds" I've ever seen! LOVE the color and design...the door is awesome! I could just sit out there and take in the sights! Great job!

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

What a wonderful adult playhouse! I love the color you chose and the front door along with the decorations around/on your windows. The beat up old chair looks right at home with that pretty blue and green trim. And your storm door arbor looks absolutely stunning with it all. What a wonderful job you and your DH did putting it together!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh, shpnqueen...your LBO shed is beautiful! 1st, love the location tucked among those trees behind it ...next, your pathway with that gorgeous storm doors arbor...WOW! Perfect! And I like how you added the iron works around your windows, plant hangers, & porch light. The colors you've chosen is such a pretty blue & the white trim just draws it all tog. Your BIG ROCKs garden is great along side that old barndoor that you decorated for Fall. Love it all! Pat that DH on the back & yourself...good work! TFS! Jeanne s.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

It's really shaping up& adorable. The windows will make it nice & light inside & you will find yourself spending a lot of time in there! I like the ironwork pieces & the arbor & the porch to "sit a spell" ! DH is getting it right! Great little retreat for gardening or from gardening!! Jan

• ggks
    13 years ago

Could you please tell me the name of the long spade you have propped-up on the front porch.
    ggks

• shpnquen
    Original Author
    13 years ago

First, I have to say thank you all for the wonderful words!! It makes all the effort & hard work worth it even more.

Next, I have to admit that this shed would NOT look anything like this without all the amazing inspiration I found HERE! I was on the hunt for a door like your's Jeanne S. after seeing your potting bench. THAT was what I was going to do with my door before DH decided to build me the shed & that all changed. The huge rock garden is to camouflage the stumps that couldn't be yanked out & I think there's one rock too many, if you ask me, but I wasn't telling DH to take it out after all that! LOL!! Our wonderful neighbors let us go hunting in their woods for the rocks & we found one that was kind of green colored & it's shaped like a step on one side, so that's my step up to my porch. Once I finish painting the underside of the porch, that silly blue tarp can come off there.

And "ggks", that is called a duckbilled shovel, I believe. I love it for digging holes for my plantings & transplanting, but DH thinks I'm weird for using it. I have no problems with it & it's the right size for me & it's perfect for digging smaller holes. Hope that helps!

• kacram
    13 years ago

very cool!
    I want one! love it!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

shpnqueen...oh that door made a great LBO shed instead of a potting table! What did you put on the window frames above each one painted a moss green color? Look like balls of some sort or is it wood trim? And the rocks for the stump area is a great idea...that will be a really cool garden space ...& I like the rock for your step, too. A fun place & will be even more fun next Spring to see what else you can plant.
    Jeanne S.

• shpnquen
    Original Author
    13 years ago

JeanneS. - "What did you put on the window frames above each one painted a moss green color? Look like balls of some sort or is it wood trim?"

Those are spindles that my dad cut down the middle.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

I see the shovel is same as mine I've only had for 3 mos. We needed to dig narrow deep holes in back yard to cement in pvc pipes that would hold tall poles that I would attach shadecloth to since my dad had stroke & I was never here to water things. I've wanted way to cut back on water for about 4 years & this doesn't look that great but works to save my lawn & plants. So mine is an AMES 16 in. drain shovel MADE IN AMERICA1 YES!!! In case you can't find it by the other name, it came from Home Depot. Price was $24.97 on 7/7/10 Jan

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

AWESOME window frame decor...cutting the spindles in half & painting it another color! Love it! Thanks! Jeanne S.

• shysue
    13 years ago

Oh wow!!! That is a gorgeous shed! I love everything about it. When your DH gets going he really GETS GOING. He did g-o-o-d!

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

What a wonderful shed. I like everything especially the little details like those half spindles. Your arbor made out of the wrought iron fence is very cool also.
    I too have a spade like that. I call mine a "poachers shovel" because I saw one by that name in the old Smith & Hawken catalog back when it was all gardening stuff. But it was $50.00!! And that was 25 years ago. So naturally when I saw one at a yard sale for $5 I bought it. Its definitely a favorite for perennial gardening between plants.
    Kathy

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery