Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kelly_oh_gw

My Flea Market purchases

kelly_oh
13 years ago

Sorry, no picts, I'm a lazy bones these days. I wasn't going to say anything since I don't have pictures, but I'm excited and wanted to share my treasure hunt!

It was the first time I'd gotten to go to this flea market, though I've been intending to for 2 YEARS!!!! At first I was thinking I was going to be disappointed, some neat stuff, but obviously the vendors liked it too and didn't want to sell, judging by the prices!!!! Then one of the vendors was putting stuff away and there was the sound of glass hitting concrete! I looked over and she was holding this blue glass bowl, that I really think was part of a fountain at one time. She was going to toss it and I said NO!!! then I looked at the broken pieces and said I'd take those too! She gave it to me for free, that was cool.

More overpriced stuff and the BF and I were heading toward the last vendor when I saw some yarn looking stuff, and I wandered over (I'm getting back into crocheting, preparing for winter crafts, I guess :) ) it was a huge tub full of the thinner thread, like you use for fine needlework and tatting, and a couple loose bags on the ground. I've been looking for old floral hankies like my Mamaw used to use for a project I want to do for my mom, and there was a BAG FULL of them!!! wooohoo!!!! Then something caught the corner of my eye - a roof vent the turnstile ones, like someone posted (I'm so sorry, I'm horrible remembering who did what!!) a while ago - I've been wanting one for ages!!! The guy started at $20 but I got him down to $10 including the bag of hankies. THEN, I found a branch of those copper leaves for the wind spinner I hope to make, THEN I saw a sewing table with a bunch of wood spooled threads that my friend has been looking for. Shew, I was all excited with all of this stuff, and as I was paying the vendor, the WONDERFUL BF said don't you want this bowling ball? !!!!!! He talked the man down to $1 for it, so for all my treasures I spent a whopping $13.50!!

Oh, the bowling ball is gorgeous, too, its swirls of pinks and purples with maybe some reds in it. LOVELY!!! I may get a picture of that for you ;)

Comments (6)