Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My First Plate Flowers

Posted by HelenB1949 8 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 19, 13 at 13:51

With the continuing drought and high heat here in Texas I decided to give this a try to at least have something pretty to look at. Please let me know if I am on the right path making these.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My First Plate Flowers

• Posted by cnm1 6 Oh (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 19, 13 at 18:08

You are definitely on the right path!! A great option with the drought. They look great

o

Looks like you're on the right path to me! Those look great!

o

I especially like the bottom row! The only thing I would like to see more color on the square plate 1 it might just be the pic but it looks mostly clear or light green in center. I'd glue on some 1/2 glass marbles or paint with glass paint some scrolls or little flowers to jazz it up a little!! Like the stems too! TFS Jan

o

Very nice! They look good in your beds.

Did you drill or glue your plates?

We were in drought here for several years. Made up for it this summer, though, and I'm thankful for that, but I believe it's rained every single day for 3 months. Just been too wet and hot to do much outdoors. Then with all the rain comes all the mosquitos. Getting a touch of cabin fever (even though there's always plenty to do inside, I'm used to being able to play outside more :) but fall is comming, in fact it's here today, isn't it. Anyway...

Thanks for sharing, it's fun to see what others are up to.

o

Thank you all for the encouraging words. I am officially addicted. Just got back from Goodwill with more plates. My plates are drilled. I have a rubber washer between layers. The stem is painted PVC pipe.I slip it over rebar so it is sturdy. I did find out some of the glass plates must be tempered glass as they shattered when drilled. Not sure how you can tell before hand. I also think I am going to use drawer pulls for centers on these new ones. Will post when done.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here