Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
All town yard sale finds in a nearby town

Posted by concretenprimroses 4B NH (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 25, 11 at 14:13

Well I got a late start and didn't do great. But I had fun driving around with and catching up with a friend. We picked up a map of the registered sales and drove on some pretty country roads with beautiful foliage.

I was looking for plate flower parts, things to display pf's on, a cheap coat to make a doggie coat from. Here's what I got. Should I try to cut the handles off these ruby red glass cups before using them for pf centers? The cups and the cool vase were 50cents each. The little scallop dishes were 25 cents each, the flatware 50 cents for all (boy I miss the cent sign!)
Photobucket

The purple flower plate was just 10 cents! Everything else was $1 EACH which is a bit high, but I was desparate for centers. (the ruler was already mine- placed to show sizes)
Photobucket

These pretty heavy glass plates have a hole in the middle cuz they were part of a cheap crappy dessert stand for $2. I bought it for the plates. I really need some dinner plate sized interesting glass plates but didn't find much.
Photobucket
I might use the big one with this combination:
Photobucket

I only bought 3 of these very pretty leafy plates because I don't really want leaves as my middle plate, but they are so lovely I just had to try a few. $1 each.
Photobucket

And I got a free red yardstick with the name of a store that used to be in my hometown. And a ladies quilted jacket for 50 cents to make a doggy coat.
I had already cut the coat up before I realized I should take a picture.
Photobucket
Iggy seems to really like the coat but i wish he wouldn't smoke cigars in the house. You know terriers, you can't tell them anything!
I posted about making the coat on Crafts and Decorations forum if you are interested.

Thanks for looking.

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Dog coat from jacket: WIP

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: All town yard sale finds in a nearby town

WOW !!! Seems to me like you did just fine. LOVE, LOVE the green leafy plates...wish I could find some of those around here. And, the green dragonfly plate is wonderful...love it on the plate flower. I don't know about cutting off the handles on the red cups....wonder if it would leave a hole. Don't really know. They would also make cute wind chime thingies....you know the ones that someone made on here that had the beads hanging from them that looked like water pouring out. Great idea to make the doggie a coat from an old coat....Iggy looks like he's going to really like it! TFS~

o

You got some beautiful glass wear and ceramics. It seems like I'm really scratching for good glassware here these days.

o

Could you leave the handle on the red cup and put a butterfly on it. I found butterfly and starfish shapes used in the order of glass gems for vase fillers, but I've incorporated them in with totems and pf's.I found them at TJ maxx on clearance.

o

What a great idea. thanks Kim.
Kathy

o

Looks like you had a great day of getting goodies & catching up with your friend! I love all of the green plates! Your dog is going to be toasty this winter, looks like it will make up nicely! Jan

o

Wow! Great finds, crete! I want those pretty green leafy plates...but not for plate flowers...for my table! LOL! You found some pretty pcs & I like the one you laid out...cool green plate! The doggie coat looks like it will be put to good use! No smokin' in the house tho! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Kathy, I love all the pieces you found, especially the leaf and dragonfly plates. I must say, however, that my favorite in all the pics is Iggy. He is just too cute and the name fits him. I love the way he's posing for the pic in the coat. You can't tell that he is a well loved, spoiled boy. Reminds me of my boys. The expression in the pic with the costume is just too much. I believe Iggy is a "ham".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here