Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lamb716

Two more TOTEMS

lamb716
15 years ago

Oh, these are so fun! Thank you ALL for the great inspirational projects!!

{{gwi:189468}}

{{gwi:189469}}

Comments (17)

• monarae_gw
    15 years ago

That's it! This is going to be my "winter" projects for gifts in the spring for Mom's day and such. Those are really beautiful!

MonaRae

• maximavswife
    15 years ago

Oh I like them both!! We have our community garage sales this weekend. I will be hunting down future totem items! Does anyone else see totem items all over the place? We have an ugly floral arrangement in the ladies room here at work. But! It has the most totemable (is that a word?) faux copper base! I am so tempted to take it home!!

Kath

Kath

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Love your totems! And your kitty looks like he's heading straight for the first one! Funny how they always want to get into the act! Great job!

• leveta
    15 years ago

Oh I really like them, the first one especially.

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

OK I might just try one like that on a pole with blue bottles! I love your cat spazzin out also!

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Love the pole idea & using the 1/2 marbles on 1st 1. They are both so pretty. I'm going to do something similar as I have lot of night visitors to knock ones on ground over. The amber bell topper really finishes it off. Jan

• katishooked
    15 years ago

I love your totems and how you put em on poles. I'll have to remember that. What do you use for poles? Miss kitty sure semms like she likes em too.

• Bright199
    15 years ago

Very pretty!!! I love the bell on the first one. And the way you topped off the second one too!!!

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Is it just me or do these look like people? I just told countrygrl I thought hers did. Very nice. Love the kitty too.
    kathy

• lamb716
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks girls for the nice compliments! The "poles" are actually from a "Pack & Play" crib that we had for our son. I salvaged all the rods that held it together! They're not very long ~ I think the longest is about 18". I only have 4 of them. Thought about using rebar...may do that in the future. Oh my, I have so many more to make & glass just calling to me!! LOL Trying to decide if I want to part with them & take a stab at selling some(?)

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

lamb, such pretty glassware for the sun to play off of.
    And the kitty making a beeline for the totem is a riot.
    Gotta love cats.
    by the way, I use rebar too, but I also slip a piece of PVC over it... just to protect the glass from the iron. Plus you can get different size PVC, or even paint it.

Glad you're enjoying this addiction we seem to have here.
    LOL
    hugs, Karen

• indalyne
    15 years ago

OMG - those are so pretty! I thought about them all afternoon. How do you glue the pieces together?

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

concreteprimroses, you aren't the only one seeing people in these totems! lol! They are both very different and pretty. I too like the idea of putting them on a rod in the ground. Then they can be seen over the flowers. One of these days I will have to try my hand at one of these, even if I have to give it away.

I take it they survived your cat's hijinx?

Btw, I like your little silver gazing ball. That is very pretty too!

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Indalyne, we all mostly use GE Silcone II for doors and windows. You can find it in Walmart or Home Depot or any hardware place. Check the date on the tube tho, sometimes Walmart has 'old' stuff and it doesn't hold.

hugs, Karen

• laurastheme
    15 years ago

I have purchased several tubes of siliconeII for doors and windows and have never seen an expiration date. Where is it located?

These are beautiful totems. I especially like the blue one.

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

Beautiful totems, love all the sparkly glass in them!

• lamb716
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks again girls! I've had really good luck using E6000 glue. I find it in the craft section at Walmart. It's really stinky though. However, it goes away after a few days.

The little "gazing ball" used to be purple & now has faded to white. Can you guess what it is? It was a Martha S. Christmas ornament. Talk about heavy, I can't imagine hanging it on a tree! I just popped the top off, turned it upside down & stuck it on a stick. LOL I bought it on clearance a few years ago. It's cracked glass.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?