Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
more thoughts on aluminum flowers

Posted by mommyandme2 none (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 14, 11 at 14:28

After struggling for 2 years with real plants, I finally gave in to the never-ending drought, unrelenting heat, & blinding light that we live with here in extreme-southern Texas. The aluminum flowers are a bright & cheery sight from my bedroom window. However, the colors WILL fade. This is why we made many of our flowers using the inside of the cans. The silver color will remain silver. For those in other climates where you can enjoy real flowers, I think the aluminum flowers are a great project when you need to decorate for a teen's birthday party, a prom or after-prom (please omit the beer cans from these parties ), a family reunion, or any other occasion where you need lots of cheap decorations. I cut the green colored cans into long strips, like when you peel an apple. The long strips can be attached end to end creating long garlands or vines. Then you can attach the flowers to the vines. Also, you can attach some of the flowers to stems with floral tape & make bouquets. Have fun !

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: more thoughts on aluminum flowers

You sure are creative with your cans ! LOL I didn't know that the outside of cans would fade ! I'm in WI ... Lots of times I just don't have the room to bring in all my garden stuff over winter ,so I just leave them out. Some things survive - others don't . I'm learning !
*** I'm green thumb challenged , so I think aluminum is my next "garden" . Thanks again :)

o

You can spray pant them with out door pants and they last a long time .I have done this.By the way love your flowers!!!!

o

thats weird my indoor and outdoor pants are the same.

o

Is this what the teenagers are wearing now... spray on pants?? :)

o

Thank you for making fun of me HaHa!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here