Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden light

Posted by nmgirl 8 S.NM (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 16, 13 at 14:53

1 solar light + 1 vase + 1 glass dish = 1 garden light.

You can either stick the light in the ground and place the vase with attached dish over it or put the light in the vase and top it with the glass dish.
Your call.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden light

how cute. Love it....is that snow on the ground? Funny since it is 98 degrees out here.

o

Old photo

o

Very pretty and those lights are on sale right now. Need to go to Walmart.

o

hi
Does the dish interfere with the solar collector?? i have constant trouble with mine getting overgrown,dirty something sticking to it lol You method would prevent that If it didn't cut out too much sun?? gary

o

Well now that's pretty neat! Wouldn't a cluster of different size solar mushrooms look good at night. Good idea. TFS.

Love it the way it is, I was also thinking you could glue some colored glass globs or marbles around the rim of the bowl for added interest.

Garyfla's question-just my experience when I tried something similar-the thinner and clearer the glass between the solar collector and the sun, the better. I used a round clear light globe over the top of a solar light for a while, and it still charged up, but slightly less.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here