Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

Exotic bird feeders

toomuchglass
13 years ago

Found this on Craig's list . He just shows a few feeders - but he sure has one heck of an imagination !

Here is a link that might be useful: exotic feeders

Comments (8)

• tasymo
    13 years ago

I saw some like that in a "Birds and Blooms" magazine, and I'm still trying to figure out how they are made. The bottom of the vessel must be removed, if you fill the feeder from the top, right? I wonder if they involve welding, or if they are glued together, perhaps with JB Weld. I'd like to make something similar for my Mom, who loves to feed the birds in her yard.

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well - the bottoms that hold the seed are plastic - so welding is out. I bet they use JB Weld,too. I can't tell how you'd put the seed in . Boy - I wish that city was closer to me - I'd come back with a total review & instructions ~~ LOL

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Toomuchglass, he is going to be in Cedarburg tomorrow! I'm sniffling because I have to work. Drat! Otherwise I'd go to the Cedarburg fleamarket ... which I'm assuming is in Fireman's Park on Washington Ave. (just south of Hwy. 60)... and check him out. *sigh* I hate work!

Hmmmm ... maybe I'll have to visit my friend in Wausau some weekend and stop in Mosinee ...

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

My GF in Wausau would love the Packers one. She is a real fan!!I'll have to ask her if she has ever seen them!I saw them in Birds & Bloom & couldn't figure them out either. Jan

• nonacook
    13 years ago

It looks like the yellow ones have hardware cloth mesh at the bottom. Therefore the birds could get the seeds. I can't tell on the others. The green kettle one, I can see the hole in the bottom of the kettle. I would sure like to see them 'in person'--then you could probably figure it out.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Those are very cool...I especially like the ones made from old laterns! Thanks for sharing!

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Now I read this -- he was in Cedarburg today .........drat ! I always miss the good stuff. I'll have to see if I can get his schedule.

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

sunnyca, let your friend in Wausau know about this guy because he lives right outside of Wausau. Maybe she can give you the 4-1-1 on how they are made then. lol

toomuchglass, we will really need to exchange phone numbers so I could have called and told you!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!