Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Totems Made With Friends

Posted by greensuzq Zone 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 19, 10 at 15:18

I had a couple girlfriends over last night and we made some totems and plate flowers. They had never done any and we were in the barn until 2am and had a blast. Here are a couple of the totems we made.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Totems Made With Friends

Love the vases, etc. that you chose for your totems. I do have one suggestion...depending on where you live, you will have to be careful using plates "right side up". Unless you take your totems inside during the winter, water will collect there and crack the plates. The other thought I had with the plates the way they are is that they could be combination totems and bird feeders!

o

Yeah I understand all that. But the plates are so pretty on top that I just couldn't put them upside down. They definitely need to go inside in winter time. The top totem my son put together and I glued it. The top plates were originally made for a flower, but here it is.

Thanks for your input.

o

Love the sparkler in the first one. I have the makings for some totems and had a heck of a time finding tops for them. I have an amber one with a pretty bud vase similar to yours. Maybe I'll do the sparkler thing on top like that. Love the green and gold in the second one too. Thanks for the great ideas!

o

Your son did a nice job on his totem, he should be proud! The plates are pretty, love the swirly vase with the embossed plate under it, Nice covered patio decoration.Jan

o

Beautiful. So much fun. And crafting to 2 am with buddies, I'm jealous!
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here