Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Experiment with stained glass spray

Posted by toomuchglass 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 6, 12 at 15:27

I stumbled on some info that Krylon has "Stained Glass" Spray . HHHmmmm.... that sparked my interest. So I have worn out my shoes looking for it . It's no where to be found. I don't know if it's something new or something old.
I FINALLY found it online . It's at the "Create for Less" website. It's expensive , but I ordered it and tested it out so everyone can see the results.

Here's the clear bottle I sprayed:

Photobucket

This is what it looked like after one very thin coat.

Photobucket

It's a beautiful color & it covered great. I do see a few teeny bubbles in the paint . Maybe I didn't shake it enough or it was too humid to spray , or I didn't clean the bottle good enough. I don't know. I think it looks great! It comes in red,blue & yellow. That's all I know ! It's drying ,then I'll add it to my bottle tree & see what the weather does to it.

*** PS .... if anyone finds it cheaper , can you post a link ?Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Create for Less Staied Glass Spray

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Experiment with stained glass spray

A very pretty shade of red...hope it holds it's color!

o

Hi,

I searched around and found it for 7.98 but not sure how much for shipping, see link below. I am positive I have seen it at my neighboring town in Hobby Lobby, almost bought some, but had my other bad habits in my cart already.

Have fun and can't wait to see how long it lasts.

suzq

Here is a link that might be useful: TCP Global

o

I looked at 2 hobby lobbies by me and couldn't find it .
I'm going to take a peek at the website you found. Thank you !!!!!

o

Wow! That is a beautiful red!
I'm wondering if it will last outdoors tho, it will be interesting to find out.
I'm wondering if any one has painted a bottle with the paint you cook in the oven. Is it safe to cook a bottle or will it explode?
Kathy

o

I have used all three colors. The yellow doesn't seem to hold up the best. Blue keeps it color very well. My local Michaels is clearancing it out. They only have red left and it is only 79 cents a can. I am going to have to take a walk around the yard to double check how they are holding up.

o

Just for the heck of it -- I threw the bottle that I just sprayed red into the oven . I don't think it changed it any ... that paint is on there as hard as a rock.
Geeze -- I wish I could find it for 79 cents !!! I wonder if the product itself is going to be discontinued . I'd love to see how the yellow looks.

o

I haven't ever used the spray-on stained glass paint, but I have used the paint-on kind. It keeps its color (because it is an artist paint and not subject to the no-lead requirements of house paint) but sunlight causes it to peel after a year or so. I'm not sure if the spray-on type would stand up better to sunlight or not.

That is a nice shade of red!

o

Very pretty...the bubbles makes me think of seeded glass.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here