Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gas Can?

Posted by passionknit z6 MI (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 4, 10 at 15:51

Saw these flowers and now I have to make some. It looks like they were cut from a gas can. I probably could use any metal and glue something in the center, though.

Here is a link that might be useful: Metal Flowers

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gas Can?

Those do look very cool, but I'm not sure what they are made of either.....

o

I think they just might be sheet metal with a gas cap in the center because there is no rim like you would see on a can.

o

That's my guess - sheet metal . Instead of all the petals facing down , I'd like to see them at different height and angles. Cool project !!! Thanks for showing it !

o

Of course I threw away two old gas caps a couple of days ago...

o

Cool! Sure reminds me of this prairie coneflower at local school prairie:

Prairie Coneflower 08

TFS! Jeanne S.

o

They do look like cone flowers maybe that's why I like them so much. When I enlarged the photo I noticed the flowers in the back are also made from metal.

o

Have you ever accidently frozen a can of pop? the flower kind of reminds me of the can's bottom, I wonder if you could somehow form the bottom of pop can by pushing a hard ball or other circular form into the bottom of a can? that is just a thought, but I do like them also. the other day I saw some Primative daisy looking flowers made out of what looked to be corrugated steele, they were neat looking too, I may have to learn how to weld yet. Bev BTW, Jeanne, your coneflower was beautiful, TFS

o

Those are pretty cool, regardless of what ever they're made from!! TFS!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here