Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Hanging Garden Sparkler

Posted by toomuchglass 53172 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 8, 10 at 16:10

Made with leftover Threaded rod , old candle cups and bolts. I'm loving these little bursts of color all over !

Photobucket

Photobucket

To get the wires to hold in the candle cups , I filled them with grout - and stuck the wires in . After it dried , I put a layer of E-6000 over the top of the grout in each cup - just for added "goo-ability" .

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Hanging Garden Sparkler

Oooh I love that, so pretty and sparkly!

Great idea!

o

The magpie in me is VERY happy! ;-)

o

Very pretty

o

LOVE it!!!!

o

WOW!!! I love that!!

o

I like your 3 tiers of 3 colors! Great idea & more impact or sparkle I think way you did them, almost like fireworks going off! Thanks! Jan

o

TMG- You are just SO talented. I love everything you do and this is no exception. Gorgeous!! TFS-
-Sprout

o

Wonderful idea! I might just have to steal it. lol! It reminds me of those shiney holiday decorations that are flat and when turned upside down fill out like your sparkler. You usually see them at Christmas time in gold, silver, green and red. TFS!

o

TMG....LOVE IT!!! I miss seeing everyone's creations!!!! I am trying to play catch up, it's been so long since I've been able to have any junkin' time. My 14 yr old has been doing soccer and cheer, so I'm in the road constantly. Soccer is almost over, so maybe I can get back to normal...did I say that??? I'm not sure what normal is these days..LOL

o

What a great project and oh so sprarkley. Thanks for the instructions, I'm adding it to my to do list.
Frou

o

• Posted by sorie6 Zone4 Colo (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 16, 10 at 17:20

OH I love it. Better than the ones in the bottles!! TFS. your instructions.

o

I went crazy at the bead store - now I have to use them up !

(I have a store by me - it's like an old fashioned dime store - all crafts supplies. They order everything in bulk to get the best price - then break everything down into smaller quantities & keep the price cheap. That does me in every time - I can't resist ! )

o

toomuchglass,

can you repost your pics?
the original pics are gone..

thanks...
chevy

o

I love the 3 tiers idea, it really adds dimension.
Beautiful how you divided the colors too.
Kathy

o

toomuchglass
can you repost your sparkler pictures
the original pics have been deleted
would love to see them
thanks

o

I don't have the pictures anymore - they are on a computer that died a horrible death. All my files & pics went poof ! I have it hanging in the rear of my yard - but from the blizzard there's 3 feet of snow in my yard !!!!! I can't get back there till we get some melting going on .
I'm sorry ! Maybe someone saved a pic that repost it for me.

Kathy the eskimo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here