Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Campbell's Homecoming

Posted by nmgirl 8 S.NM (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 2, 11 at 17:06

Hello all!
First let me apologize for posting these photos on this side of the Garden Junk Forum. I know they should go over on the Discussion side but every time I try to log in over there I get told there's no such forum.
Ain't technology great?
For those of you who don't know who Campbell is, he was our Junk Train 2011 mascot. He made a lot of friends on his journey around the U.S. this year. Sorry it's taken me over a week to get things posted, I hope you enjoy the photos.
On with the show!

I arrived home from work one afternoon a week or so ago to find JT making a scene by the front door:
Photobucket
I asked her about the hat, she said she found it. She then ran off and came back with reinforcements:
Photobucket
Realizing the hat wasn't tall enough they dragged over a small chair.
Photobucket
Then things got interesting.
Photobucket Photobucket
They finally managed to get one of their number "up high enough" but then realized that Ducky has no hands.
Photobucket
So they got JT "up high enough".
Photobucket
Well, this was getting annoying so I asked them "up high enough" for what? They all hollered at me "TO OPEN THE DOOR!" I said all they has to do was ask and I opened the door to find...
Photobucket
A very noisy rocking box! Campbell had come home!!! Immediately the small circus troop rushed out, started talking all at once and climbing all it.
Photobucket
"We" brought the box inside and I went off to find something to cut the tape. When I came back I found this:
Photobucket
Rocky was heading for the outlet and Piggy realized they'd been caught. Obviously I took the reciprocating saw away, JT was very upset.(To whoever introduced her to power tools when she was traveling with the Junk Train: Thanks a lot!) I asked them to wait, I had to find some scissors.
Photobucket
JT didn't listen as usual. We eventually did get the box open.
Photobucket
And then Campbell disappeared!
Photobucket
We found him on the ceiling fan. He was so glad to get out of the box he jumped straight up and landed there!
Photobucket
He did eventually come back down. Rocky had prepared a little welcome home speech.
Photobucket
And then Campbell shared some highlights of his travels.
Photobucket
JT ran off to get her hat. Ducky brought out the "wheels" they'd curb-shopped earlier this summer. Ducky's the only one allowed to drive, we don't trust JT behind the wheel and Piggy's can only ride in the back. We let him drive once, turns out he's a real road hog.
Photobucket
Campbell said there's something in the box with my name on it. They all jumped in to find it.
Photobucket
It was a beautiful Thank You card with a nice surprise tucked in!
Photobucket
Thanks for the gift, it's greatly appreciated!

There you have it, Campbell's homecoming. The rest of the day and on into the wee hours was taken up with much silliness, noise and popcorn.
But things are starting to settle down around here. Campbell is wanting to take driving lessons, we have a little tractor we might let him start on.
Have a great weekend everyone!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Campbell's Homecoming

I have followed the adventures of Campbell all around the world it seems, and have thoroughly enjoyed all the stops along the way!

Since I haven't posted here in a coons age, hope no one minds my being the first to acknowledge Campbell and the journey!

spudmom

o

So glad he is home at last.
So many people worried about him.
Was he hungry?
Young kids like he usually spring back quickly after a good meal and a rest.

o

Rocky, Piggy, JT & Ducky sure know how to throw a 'Welcome Home' party! TFsharing the story & pics! But if I were you, nmgirl, I would hide EVERYTHING in sight that has 'wheels' around your place! (Like swirly chairs, bicycles, wagons, wheelbarrows, skateboards, etc.) Thanks for all your hard work, nm! Jeanne S.

o

Enjoyed the homecoming story--BUT--
Where was TJ, the evil twin, during all of this?????
Couldn't help but wonder.....

o

Anthropomorphism and personification is something we discuss at group therapy quite a lot. There are therapists and people in authority that scribble in little black notebooks when I tell stories like this about the critters in my yard.
I was going to warn you about them but you inspired me to start a new thread about my Rock People.

o

I couldn't log back in over on other side either! Glad you got the bunch settled down & had a great homecoming & surprise for you. You put in a lot of work making the Junk Train happen & fun for all of us to follow along!Jan

o

It's so nice to meet people who, like me, let the inner kid out to play...love this forum!!! Hugs!

o

Glad to hear from you Spudmom.

Ahhhhhh J.T. what a rascal! All his little friends our easily led astray by him..........lol

I bet Campbell is exhausted, he certainly did a ton of traveling.

What fun the Junk Train is. Thanks so much nmgirl for taking the adventure on. We all really enjoyed it.

o

Well, Campbell looks very happy to be home! Glad he had a welcoming party to greet him!

Thanks again Sylvia for being our conductor this year...it was a blast once again!

o

Your narrative of Campbell's return, and the photos of JT with her friends had me in tears laughing. He has been a hoot on his trip and I'm so glad I got to 'meet' him (and get a load of goodies from the Junk Train).
I am WAY behind in updating his album, but I do have all the photos saved and will get them in there sooner or later. His adventures came close to rivaling JT's, I wasn't sure he could do that but he's a determined little orange frog.

Thank you for a GREAT ride on the junk train.
hugs, Karen

o

I took Campbell to church so if he is misbehaving it's not my fault! lol

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here