Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I went curb shopping today .....

Posted by mommyandme2 none (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 17, 11 at 17:18

Just down the street, I found a pile of TV cable & several connection pieces. The cable man apparently did some rewiring in the neighborhood &, instead of tossing the old stuff in his truck to be recycled, he just left it there by the road. I had to work my way through 4 layers of assorted "stuff", but inside the cable was beautiful, heavy gauge copper - 9 yards of it! The 10 little connector pieces will be made into bugs !
- Laura

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I went curb shopping today .....

ooooooooooooooohhhhh ....Copper ! That's a great find ! I'd be on cloud 9 ~ hehehe

********** It's the little finds like this that excite us
ROFL ....

o

Jealous here....so very jealous. :):)Nice find!

o

What a great find. Maybe you follow that guy around and collect anything he doesn't want. We got two small satellite dishes an installer didn't want to bother with..........Total Score!

Hubby is an electrian and brings home partical spools of wire. He took some to the recycle center and got 50.00 for them. Would have gotten more if he had stripped off the plactic coating. Needless to say I have confiscated the spools of wire.......LOL, also he brought home pieces of metal conduit ( I see windchimes). Gotta love it!

if anybody knows an electrician or see a new building being built ask them if you can have their scraps. A lot of contractors just don't want to bother with throwing the stuff away.

o

Found another 6 inches of cable & another connector this morning. Can make legs, antennae, etc with short pieces like this. - Laura

o

Great finds! So clever of you to figure it out.
Kathy

o

WOW! I never find anything along side of the road that's worth bringing home. Great find.

o

Great finds! Good recycling, too! Jeanne S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here