Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Potting Table Re-do & Sparkles in the Sun!

Posted by jeannespines 4 Iowa (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 29, 10 at 17:43

Well, nice enough weather this week that I "finally" got my potting table re-done to how I like it ...that debate about "natural chippy vs. paint" ...so I did some of both. The potting table looked like this when I started today...a bit too chippy for my taste:

Potting Table Stripped 8.10

So I used flat white enamel paint this time & didn't cover it completely...you can see some of the "old finish" in this pic:

Potting Table Chippy Window 9.10

...and like this...added a Fall basket of my garden gourds & a lonely green pepper...added "Curly Willow" sticks in the window opening...plus that's the "grape window" view in the background:

Fall Basket w/Grape Window 9.10

Here's a full view of the potting table now ... with Fall basket & hanging plant back in place...don't worry, after winter, it will "weather" some more:

Potting Table Painted 9.10

And here's the "whole vignette" of potting table, blue bottle fence & grape window:

Potting Table Bottle Fence & Grape Window 9.10

Here's a closer view of the blue bottle vignette again...I put my Boston Fern back there again...& put the wood block hanger on the ground.

Bottle Fence w/Fern 9.10

Beautiful Fall weather week! Thanks for lookin'! Jeanne S. And I added the original link from last month.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blue Bottle Fence Project 8.10

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Potting Table Re-do & Sparkles in the Sun!

Looking good!! When it gets as chippy as it was, it starts to rot, at least out here. Really have to do something. It came out nice & whole fence, bottles, window & bench make an inviting walk around that part of your yard! TFS Jan

o

Loverly!

o

Some of my favorite "chippy" pieces are the ones where you can see several layers of paint, and can imagine what it looked like when it was one color or another. Everything looks lovely, Jeanne!

o

Very nice! VERY NICE indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o

• Posted by sorie6 Zone4 Colo (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 29, 10 at 22:12

Very nice. I love the blue fence! tfs.

o

Love it!!!

o

I'm glad you gave it a chippy look! It looks wondeful by your cool bottle fence. Love your gourds in the basket. But then I have a weakness for gourds. lol! Lovely job!

o

Beautiful vignette. A good way to preserve the wood and keep the old look.

o

VERY nice job Jeanne! I'm with you, I like some chippy, but after a while, it just looks neglected, so your solution is perfect. Love the entire vignette....all very pretty!

o

Jeanne, it's funny how we will re-do a piece that was a re-do.You did a beautiful job, just the right amount of chippy left. It looks wonderful in your lovely park like setting.
Frou

o

Jeanne, it is just beautiful!! I see you havent lost any of your amazing talent since I have been away from here!!! Everything is so pretty!

o

Thanks, GJers, appreciate the feedback...chippy & non-chippy junkers, we all love it & have fun! Am having fun with the blue bottle fence vignette...adding here & there. And, welcome back, "daisydal"...good to hear from 'ol GJer friends! Jeanne S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here