Cascading Leaf Fountain Directions

cacbeary
16 years ago

Here's the directions for the fountain

Here is a link that might be useful: Cascading Leaf Fountain

Comments (10)

• toomuchglass
    16 years ago

YOU are such a sweetheart for posting those excellent directions . Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• lefd05
    16 years ago

Oooooo, nice! Thanks for that link! I want to do one of these fountains and this helps. I already have the leaves cast but needed a little guidance and ideas.:)

• kirkus
    16 years ago

I'm going to show this to my wife Carol! We still haven't done anything with the leaves she made me. What a great idea! Kirk

• ruthinont
    16 years ago

Thank you for posting the instructions for the fountain.I am going to make this next spring.I am doing the rocks now and hope to do the leaves next spring. Thank you very much,yous looks great.

• haziemoon
    16 years ago

cacbeary what great directions! thanks so much for sharing them. I printed them out and am dreaming of making one next spring. Thanks again!

Hazie

• cacbeary
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You're so very welcome. Don't worry, the page isn't going anywhere. I work on this one web site that is really huge & there is lots of space - it's not going anywhere. Good luck everyone making a fountain.

My sis has 2 huge fountains in her backyard - the man who built the house made the fountains. Her's are huge mounds that she has small bushes planted with small goldfish that go around the moat from the top to the bottom of the fountain. Wish I had pics of it to show. A great idea!

I'm so excited. I just made my first green lady out of leaves. She's GORGEOUS! But my camera broke & can't take pics. It's the one where there is a grouping of leaves & her head is in the center like she's peeping out. It's so easy to make. Was waiting for Halloween to get a mask, now I have the mask & it's hard finding the leaves I want to use that aren't eaten alive with bugs!

• luvflowers101
    16 years ago

I saw a sheet of plastic in the photo for the directions...but you didn't mention how it was used to make the leaf. Does it go on top of the sand before you put the leaf on? I really want to make one of these what a great idea. Thanks for sharing!!

• cacbeary
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm sorry, there sure is. You use wet sand - easier to form. Then I put saran wrap over the sand & then place the leaf. It keeps the sand from getting on the cement & is a lot easier to work. I use Vaseline on the leaf but what is really easy is to use a can of spray like Pam (I use generic). You don't have to use Vaseline or the spray Pam if you don't want to but sometimes getting the leaf off is harder & you have to dig it out of the veins. So I grease everything. I also found that if you grease the leaf, it releases really easy & can use the leaf a second time.

• livnlife
    16 years ago

I WILL make these leaves...someday! I am learning a lot in the meantime, tho.
    Cacbeary...do you know if you can use silk plant leaves?
    Hope you get your camera working!!! I would love to see your leaf lady!

• cacbeary
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I don't know. I have read you can. I just tried the leaf lady in oak leaves & another in maple leaves. The veins aren't half as deep as a plant. I might make the faces & wait for spring to get some green leaves. Everything is pretty buggy now. The tree leaves are still pretty (all of nature just about is) but not very deep. I haven't painted them yet of course, so they may turn out really nice.