Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flowerpot Made From Rain Boots

Posted by spedigrees z4VT (spedigre@sover.net) on
Mon, Sep 23, 13 at 18:08

This past spring I purchased a pair of mud boots with a pretty design from an online catalogue. Unfortunately they proved to be much smaller than the size they claimed to be, and the online reviews confirmed that they ran several sizes too small. Thus I exchanged them for two sizes larger, to find that they fit my feet but constricted my legs (and I do *not* have fat legs!)

After getting over my aggravation with this company, I decided to make lemonade out of lemons. I cut off the tops of the boots and used these and an empty plastic wide-mouthed jar to make a decorative flower pot, leaving me with a pair of shorty boots that fit well.

I planted nasturtiums in the flowerpot. Should have snapped a picture but didn't think of it until after the frost nipped them and it was too late. Still substandard in quality, the boot top on the flowerpot had faded from the sun to the point where the bright colors were nearly white. Fortunately I have another boot top for next year.

Don't buy these boots whatever you do!! But if you already have, here's a good way to make the best of a bad purchase! LOL!

This post was edited by spedigrees on Thu, Sep 26, 13 at 12:37

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flowerpot Made From Rain Boots

I have a couple pair of cute kids boots but I'm going to plant directly in the boots.

o

spedigrees, what a beautiful idea!!!

o

Bet the planter was lovely with the flowers blooming in it!! You can get a pic of that next yr. TFS Jan

o

So cute and still a nice pair of rainboots!

o

I'm glad you were able to at least save the bottoms of the boots to use. Good idea to just cut them off.
And clever to reuse the top too. It's not everyone that has a flower pot that matches their boots! (and a spare for next year! lol)
This weekend on a tv show I just happenned to come across while flipping through channels, there was a fellow doing 'upcycle' kids crafts and he did a similar thing with the cut off sleeve of a sweater and a tin can.

o

I spray painted mine with chalkboard paint- you can use them as a porch, front door greeting decoration!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here