Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plate Flowers Crafted In The Barn

Posted by greensuzq Zone 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 19, 10 at 18:15

Here are a few of the plate flowers made with my friends. Too many to post so will do just a few. This is just so much fun.
September 2010

September 2010

September 2010

September 2010

OK enough of this. I need to get away from here. I know you don't want to see every single one we made (12 or 13?) so this is it for now. I don't have the backs on them so I am leaving to go finish them up. Have A Great Day!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plate Flowers Crafted In The Barn

VERY pretty! Love you combinations and colors. The green one is especially nice. Great job! Thanks for sharing your fun evening with us.

o

The first one is my favorite! The flowers on the plates are so delicate! They are all very pretty!

o

Looks like you had a great time! The 1st pic (green & lavendar)...very, very pretty...& like the creative flower center! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Love them all! Great job done by you and your friends!

o

I love the 1st one also, is that the center of plate or did you add the hearts? The shells make a very interesting center for the 2nd one. Nice work! TFS Jan

o

Hi there
Love the plate flowers. I love this site. I never ever leave a message though for someone but I am curious about something? What kind of glue do you all use for the totems and plate flowers? must be a strong one since they all go outside? thanks
deezie

o

Deezie, I use what was recommended by the others: GE II clear silicone caulking. It does hold up very well, and is easy to use. You can get it in small tubes (but costly that way if you do very many), or like I buy, the size tubes you'd put in a caulking gun when doing doors or windows.
Try it, you'll be hooked! LOL

o

Hi All, Thanks for your input and nice comments.

Sunnyca, I added the hearts to the first plate. Just ordered some different pieces for trying mosaic and thought it matched my flower.

Deezie, I started using E6000 Glue which works great. But from the recommendation from here I have moved on to the GE II clear caulk in the gun. I get both of them at Walmart.

Have A Great Day!

o

Love them. And yes I do want to see them all!
Some of myfriends want to come over to my house and make plate flowers too. Can't wait!
I goint to send them your post since most of mine are glass, to give them different ideas of plates to look for.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here