Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
doodys_gw

My 'Goodies' from the Gw

doodys
13 years ago

this is some stuff I found at the GW today.Loved the amber of the lamp and it will be used in totems.I couldn't{{gwi:191158}} pass up the blue and green goblets.the flowers look like home interior but they will get some paint added to them and the plate I'm not sure about yet....

Comments (8)

• greensuzq
    13 years ago

I was at GW yesterday and got some real deals too. I paid $2 for a gorgeous cut glass light cover. I almost want it in my house and not in the garden. I haven't quite figured that out yet. Went to TS in my hometown today and got a deal on plates. Very pretty and only 10 cents each. I guess I am missing out not looking at the lamps though. This forum has me searching for all sorts of things and I love creating garden art. Have A Great Day!

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Old lamps are great for colored glass...I've used several that way! Love all of your finds...woohoo!

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

I went to the flea mkt to day and found some of my "everyday" dishes that I bought at Kmart 25 years ago. Don't you just love 2nd hand shopping? You found some great stuff.
    Kathy

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Doodys, that amber glass is beautiful!! Those flowers will look great on a wall or fence! Pretty plate, is it hand painted? Might want to keep it inside if it is! 10cents a plate !!Wow!! More like $1.98 & if marked down 99cents, we never have bargains like rest of country. I think antique store owners get to TS owners & get lot of it. Saves them lot of time & they might pay a little more or take a lot of stuff off their hands. Every time new TS opens there is great stuff & then by time it is there a year less & less. No more old dolls, depression glass, hand painted plates, oil paintings etc. Went to several yard sales last weekend, mostly clothes for kids & baby stuff or adult clothes, no glassware of interest. Did get 5 necklaces with beads at couple of sales so that was nice. Oh, got a book on Cacti & Succulents at the "cemetery sale" think I mentioned it- they are raising money $15,000 to do search with plane that can see bones. They have been told there is 600 people in that little space, don't think it is even 1/2 of a city block. Only 2oo+ have been marked. So they will have sales often. It's just getting time for good sales, well maybe not this weekend, supposed to be over 100 degrees out!! Was 69 today when I went out.Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

The glass items are really pretty and I can't wait to see what you do with them. But I really like the flowers! They would probably be pretty trim on a bird house. Great buys!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Lovin' the blue & green glassware especially...great for glass projects in your gardens! Have fun! Jeanne S.

• kelly_oh
    13 years ago

Doody,
    great purchases!!! I love that lamp!! not only is the glass gorgeous, but the metal pieces are interesting too!!! can't wait to see what you do with them!!!

• shpnquen
    13 years ago

Love that lamp too & those green & blue goblets are so pretty!! I can't wait to see what you do with everything here!

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia