Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rich peoples 'garden junk'

Posted by giggles1 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 10, 11 at 18:30

Thought ya'll might like checking out these 5 sculptures. I always get a totally different idea checking things like this. The Lion is just toooo cool, but my FL house is on a canal & I've been thinking of making something BIG that people would see as they boat past. Those flowers are just so inspiring! How to make them... hmmmm...
http://gawker.com/5839022/rich-people-convert-their-yard-into-pop+up-sculpture-garden/gallery/1

Here is a link that might be useful: rich junk

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rich peoples 'garden junk'

HOLY MOSES !!!!! I absolutley LOVE that lion !!!! Not being "rich folk" ---- that lion would take up my whole yard !!!

o

The lion is awesome...but I want that fabulous Pegasus!!!
I don't care if he'd take up my whole front yard!
LOVE him.

hugs, Karen

o

How fabulous! TFS.
In southern Vermont this spring we drove by a large lovely old house on a country road that he two huge (life sized? 5 ft tall) concrete tigers out front near the road. The were mirror images of eachother and standing facing with curved bodies so that if you looked at them from above they would make an "S" shape together, perhaps stylized skinny a bit. Totally amazing. We were tight for time and hurrying or i would have made dh turn around for a picture. I meant to go back this summer as the route it is on is a fun junk store drive too, but didn't do it.
Maybe this fall I'll try to do a road trip in that direction... I was floored that they could be concrete.
Kathy

o

Wow! Those are huge! Can you imagine driving up to your house and that lion greeting you? He's very fierce looking! Amazingly done sculptures!

o

Yes! Mega-Art! TSFS! Jeanne S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here