Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My new potting bench!

Posted by tasymo 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 28, 13 at 18:37

My Brother made this potting bench from an old enamel kitchen sink, and put it in a silent auction we have every year to raise money for our Family Reunion. I was lucky enough to have the winning bid. It was awesome as it was, but I decided it needed just a bit of tweeking...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My new potting bench!

It now has a shelves, top and bottom and a cheerful new paint job, not to mention running water! I used two old air return grates in the bottom shelf (so the water from the sink can go somewhere) and on the back for decorative purposes. I used two old door knobs on the front for hanging stuff. I found the wrought iron shelf brackets at Hobby Lobby for 70% off! This Girl is doing a happy dance today!!

o

Love it!

o

I am so jealous. I think you did more than "a bit of tweeking". It is beautiful!

o

That is AWESOME!!!!

o

Wow, love everything about it!
I really like those brackets and the grates and the cat! You made it into a really special spot and it will be fun to see it go through the seasons.
Just looking at it again I was thinking, when in use, you might put a container on the bottom shelf and catch your run off, to water plants with.
TFS

o

What a beautiful potting bench! I love the color and your decorations. TYFS Jlily

o

Wow! That is going to be really handy. When the family member that made it sees your up grade he will want it back.

o

WOW..What a great transformation...love it...

o

Talk about taking basic to beautiful!! Right up there with Kirk's!! Love the color & the shelves & knobs, will make gardening chores a pleasure! Jan

o

Thanks, Everyone! It truly is a pleasure to use. garden2garden, I really like your idea! Now I just have to find the perfect junk container to use to catch the drainage. This puppy is HEAVY now, so it won't be moved from it's present location unless absolutely necessary!

o

Oh my goodness! I had to laugh when you said that you thought you'd do a little tweaking. ;-) Your "tweaking" looks amazing! Love the color, the shelves, the brackets, the grate on the back...heck, I just love the whole darn thing!

I'd say you should be doin' a happy dance!

o

Good job!

o

It's gorgeous!!!!

o

Love it!

o

Holy cow that's the prettiest potting bench I've ever seen!!! Love the color of course my fav color is blue!!TFS.

o

Not my idea of tweaking either, lol.
But definitely my idea of awesome!
Beautimous!

~digger

o

WOW That's awesome. LOVE the blue. Almost to pretty to work at and get it dirty!!!

o

Beautiful!!!

o

wowsers!!!!! its beautiful, great color and all of the "tweekings" are perfect!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here