Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tutorial: aluminum flowers, sunflower type

Posted by mommyandme2 none (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 12, 11 at 19:03

Cut off the top of the can. Cut straight down the side all the way to the bottom. Make more cuts parallel to the first. The number of cuts you make & how close they are determines the width of the petals. Plan on 6 - 12 petals. Bend the petals down & out. Shape the ends of the petals any way you want. The bottom of the can is the middle of the flower. What happens next is up to you. I like to prepare a can of matching or co-ordinating color & jam the 2 bottoms together, one on top of the other. If you punch 2 holes in each soda can bottom, you can sew the 2 cans together with fishing line. I like to disguise this with a decorative button. On a couple of them, we coated the bottom of the can with GE-II and then coated the adhesive with tiny beads. These flowers come out about 6" in diameter. See photo # 36. Any questions ? - Laura

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tutorial: aluminum flowers, sunflower type

Yes-where are the photos?? I don't see a link to your photo page??

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here