Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tutorial: aluminum flowers, Iris type

Posted by mommyandme2 none (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 12, 11 at 19:26

See photos # 1,2,3 & 4 in our album. I bought an artificial iris at the craft store which DD "S" carefully took apart. She then traced out the parts. There are 3 basic shapes & you need 3 of each shape. You need 2 cans per flower. For these, I purchased "threaded rods" at HD. I also purchased nuts & washers to fit the rods. Screw a nut onto a rod & screw it down just far enough for a washer to fit on and be flush with the top of the rod. Take the washer off again. Put a bit of GE II on top of the nut. Put the washer back on & let it set. You now have a base for the bottom of the iris to sit on. Put a dab of GE II on top of the washer & set the iris on it. Press firmly without messing up the flower. I "planted" it outside at this point, but you could cover the rod with floral tape & put a bouquet of iris in a vase for indoor use.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tutorial: aluminum flowers, Iris type

Thanks!

o

Which album are the photos in and how do I find it?

o

http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h140/duckygomer/garden junk/

Sorry for all of the confusion. We are new at this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here