Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mary2010_gw

Totems . . . again

mary2010
13 years ago

At the suggestion of Luna Llena Feliz here's my salute to Fall. It's about the closest we come to Fall here in Florida. Thanks for the great idea Luna!!! Keep 'em coming.

The second is another teapot whimsy.

{{gwi:191525}}

{{gwi:191526}}

Comments (9)

• mary2010
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Almost forgot to include a photo of a birdfeeder whimsy I created. Not sure if they'll be as popular as the teapots, but I thought it was cute. I'm including a small package of seeds with each totem.
    {{gwi:191527}}

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

You find the coolest pieces to work with Mary....these are just great too! Love all of the different teapots you find and your color combinations! Another wonderful job!

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

They are all gorgeous! Love the teapot and apple on the fall one. Awesome job as always!

• daisydal
    13 years ago

TOO DARN CUTE, MARY!!! They are all so pretty, but that second one with the angel has my heart, I am coveting that......ALOT!!!!!!lol!!

• greensuzq
    13 years ago

WOW, Love your totems. You got me hooked on teapots. I have made a few, but need to post some pics. I just got back from MI and found a couple nice teapots at the consignment stores I went to. I just got unpacked and can't wait to get back into creating new totems and plate flowers. I just gave away quite a few plate flowers to friends and relatives in MI. They all thought they were really neat. None of them had seen anything like them.

Then my car was re-loaded with good finds from MI.
    My girlfriend even got stuff from her basement, vases, plates, etc. for me. Then she took me to some antique stores and consignments and forced me to buy more. :-)

• sorie6 zone 6b
    13 years ago

Wow those are really pretty. I love the tea pots but here they are so pricey!
    Do you mind my asking how much you charge for them?
    tfs

• becky_ia
    13 years ago

Aren't these just addicting? There is something to be said about creating totems. It is theraputic...first the hunt for that "perfect" piece to really make it special. Then the arranging, or creating, piece after piece until you get the feel that it is just right. Then to have someone else come along and say "I just love this!"

Yours are very well done-great combinations!

I am also interested in what price you can mark them. The last art show I did, had many lookers...but only sold one...

Nne person asked, "What do they do?" I just looked at them and said sweetly, "They are garden art...a little "bling" for the garden.

Then a few weeks later, while at a large garden art show in a larger city, there was a woman there selling them like hot cakes! She had prices from $25-$75 depending upon the size and glass.

I think a lot has to do with location. Get into a more artsy area and people "get them".

Becky

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

You do find the most wonderful pieces! Very well put together too.
    There just are no teapots to be had around here that cost less than $10! (SA marks them down slightly once they break in the store, which they often do since no one buys them.)
    Kathy

• mary2010
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Everyone's kind words mean so much and are so encouraging for me. I've never considered myself to have much of a "creative" gene, but I so enjoy creating garden totems. This has given me an area where I feel I can be creative and produce beautiful things. I'm so fortunate in this area there are many thrift stores to choose from. And, the prices are reasonable. The teapots I find range from only $1-2. To answer Sorie6, I charge between $40-$60 for my totems. I've got several out for consignment and have my fingers crossed that those will generate lots more interest. Can't wait to see my fellow junkers creations!

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor