Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

Tipsy Pots

Marlene Kindred
11 years ago

DH and I made these tipsy buckets a few years ago and I've experimented to see what flowers do the best in them. For me, this year has been the prettiest so far. I used begonias in the upper pots and variegated Swedish ivy in the tub on the bottom. I like the combination and since mine are in the shade most of the day, these flowers seem to work best. Thanks for looking!

{{gwi:191533}}

Here's a view of the collection of "junk" around the pots as well. My sea captain statue used to stand guard at our camper on the Bay.

{{gwi:191534}}

Comments (16)

• nanatricia
    11 years ago

Cute !!! Love them all!!

• rachelthepoet
    11 years ago

super cute! I love how that red/coral color pops!

• sorie6 zone 6b
    11 years ago

Very pretty. Love the tipsy containers.

• marylee_2010
    11 years ago

Marlene, you have outdone yourself. Your flowers are beautiful.

• sunnyca_gw
    11 years ago

Beautiful flowers & ivy & love that they are in watering cans! Cute sea captain & love the iron on the wall, very nice setting & warms up the space! Jan

• cadillactaste
    11 years ago

I've seen tipsy pots before...but this is FAR beyond my expectations of what I expected when I opened the link! I love that you have a watering can attached to the top of this stack!!! That you evidently used a much larger base planter and added additional plants that were cascading from it and over flowing was a great added touch! LOVED THIS!!! You may inspire me to do something very similar next year...For this goes beyond what I am typically used to seeing. Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing...

~Darlene

• luvs2click
    11 years ago

Marlene, these are beautiful, gotta love begonias, they do well on my porch in containers too. Read "containers" = "forget to water most of the time". I'd be interested in seeing the pots without plants - like a picture when they were just made or after frost, so we can see the spacing and size. Thanks!
    Arlene

• flowers12
    11 years ago

Love it all. The begonias are doing fantastic.

• Calamity_J
    11 years ago

Perfection!!! All of it! WOW!!!

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Luvs~

This is the closest picture I have of the tipsy pots/buckets without flowers...this particular year they weren't nearly as full. Like I said, I've had to experiment with flowers to see which ones would work best. But this picture gives you a better idea of the spacing. The pots are "movable" on the post, so I rotate them depending on the look I want. I have a wash tub at the base, a metal teapot, two buckets and a watering can in the mix.

{{gwi:191535}}

• concretenprimroses
    11 years ago

Terrific!
    Great choice of flowers this year.
    Kathy

• luvs2click
    11 years ago

Thanks Marlene - that really helps visualize it. I seem to pick up lots of galvanized buckets at sales, and might have to consider making one of these. I'd say you picked a winning combination this year!

• Kathryn Botard
    11 years ago

If you ever see a middle aged blond lady with a Texas accent wandering around your yard with her mouth hanging wide open, that would be me. Love, love your porch and everything else. Good job on all you have done.

• kathi_mdgd
    11 years ago

WOW,all of that is beautiful.I havn't done the tippy pots for a couple years now,but must put it on my list for the coming year.

You should send that picture to Birds and Bloom magazine,it's so worthy of sharing with the world.Quite the inspiration.
    TFS
    Kathi

• Calamity_J
    11 years ago

Ditto what Kathi said!!!

• indigosunshine
    11 years ago

This will definitely be on my "to do" list

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County